Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4frmAPtoAF

NEED MORAL SUPPORT!

SO i need some support. I started the Regimen 4 weeks ago using:

CETAPHIL face wash

AcneFree Terminator sensitive 2% BP

Cetaphil SPF face lotion

This was working ok for the first three weeks. The only two things that I did not like: #1) terminator BP was thick and drying due to alcohol ingredient. #2)cetaphil would ball up sometimes after the BP.

So I decided to buy Dan's kit. I've been using Dan's products since Saturday (almost a week). i jumped right into the Regimen. I started using one pump of Dan's BP (SINCE I WAS ALREADY DOING THE REGIMEN)

NOW my skin is SUPER dry (around my chin and neck). My forehead is dry too but not as flaky. I am getting frustrated and just need advice to help me push on. I am still breaking out on my forehead. Everywhere else isn't bad. The only thing that looks amazing are my cheeks, but this has never really been a problem area for me.

SOOOOOO....Should I cut back on BP or is the SUPER DRYNESS normal? the skin on my neck feels so tense and dry. it's so bad that I didn't even put BP gel on it tonight....

PLEASE HELP!!! :(

PS I tried "exfoliating with jojoba oil tonight to remove flakes and it didn't work well for me

OMG I WOKE UP with SUPER TIGHT skin on my neck SO i rubbed in jojoba oil and put some cetphil moiterizer on it....it itches NOW!!!!and it's still a little dry!! UGH this is so frustrating!!!!!!

Yes, unfortunately dryness/flaking/tight skin is a big part of it. You can try cutting back, or you can push on with the amount you're already using... keep in mind that if you cut back now, it will only take you longer to work up to the full 2 pumps.

If you keep at it though, your skin WILL get better. When your acne subsides, you can start cleansing more thoroughly (that will get rid of a lot more flakes). Your face will also be more used to the amount of BP you're using, so it won't be as dry.

My advice is to just fight through it, using jojoba and lots of moisturizer.

Yes, unfortunately dryness/flaking/tight skin is a big part of it. You can try cutting back, or you can push on with the amount you're already using... keep in mind that if you cut back now, it will only take you longer to work up to the full 2 pumps.

If you keep at it though, your skin WILL get better. When your acne subsides, you can start cleansing more thoroughly (that will get rid of a lot more flakes). Your face will also be more used to the amount of BP you're using, so it won't be as dry.

Thanks for the advice..I just can't bear to put any more BP on my neck. Especially when I don't have any acne there anymore. I am just gonna skip the neck/jawline and spot treat by my chin. Most of my acne (90%) is on my forhead now.

Also, I am switching back to Cetaphil..Dan's cleanser dries my skin out more. =(

Thanks for the advice..I just can't bear to put any more BP on my neck. Especially when I don't have any acne there anymore. I am just gonna skip the neck/jawline and spot treat by my chin. Most of my acne (90%) is on my forhead now.

Also, I am switching back to Cetaphil..Dan's cleanser dries my skin out more. =(

Yeah, I was actually doing the neck when I started the Regimen as well, and quickly stopped for the same reason as you - it was so itchy! I think it's partly because the skin on the neck is constantly being irritated, whether it's by your shirt collars or your hair.

And Cetaphil cleansers are great, much less drying than Dan's. I used to use the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, but recently switched to the Gentle one... it's really nice and doesn't leave the skin feeling tight after you use it.

Good luck!

Glad to know I'm not the only one going through these side effects. Is the gentle cetaphil cleanser that much better? Right now I'm using the regular one.

For me at least, it's really nice. I found that the first one still left my skin a little dry after use. It would be OK while the skin was still somewhat wet, but 5-15 minutes later it would start feeling somewhat tight.

Now that I'm on the Gentle Cleanser, I don't have that anymore.