Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AthleticHunta

It's probably not the lack of strength, more so the doors of excuses in the strength.

I think the root cause of picking is not only connected to picking. I think it's a much bigger problem, more of a personality fault to some extent.

I think picking for alot of people is the syndrome of just being an excuse artist. You let down your defenses for some excuse you make, and give yourself a free pass through your defenses to do something your defenses is responsible for not letting happen.

So good advice I think is simply tell yourself.. stop fighting the picking.. instead Fight your tendency for making stupid excuses to pick and everything els you make excuses to do.

Anyway, Thanks for reading :dance:

P.s I think we are all strong enough not to pick, but what makes up different from other people is are ability to make excuses to allow it, while others just don't think like that... Maybe because there not depressed in a way?, but regardless, we can stop are excuses I think..

What do you guys think?.

Oh another thing. The excuses we give are selves alot, or I personally gave myself are..

I already picked one, so who cares, a couple more will be not big deal, I'm not going outside anyway. Then later it will be, I already picked a few.. so picking another 2 or 3 more is no big deal, and then your like.. Oh shit I picked 9 or 10.. Shit, might as well pick the rest of the bad ones, its just a little bit more, than later, you will be like, well.. I picked almost all the pimples, so I'm just gonna finish it up, no big deal...

See its a domino effect of excuses, and the starting excuse is OH I CAN PICK THIS ONE ZIT BECAUSE (_______) AND IT WILL BE NO BIG DEAL. And from the very start, your fucked..

I sometimes told myself, Oh I'm stressed 1 won't hurt, or OH I feel ugly, or OH I"m SO mad. OR WHATEVER... lol

Edited by AthleticHunta

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

sry but had to answer bcz dude, u are wrong! picking is rather of ocd kind, yea it might have been developed in the way u describe in the first place (however most of ppl develop this habit bcz of somebody told them they have to pick and then they try it and then fall into trap, but not bcz of some excuses but bcz of how they thought is better), but then after when it becomes habbit or even worse addiction like, its more of a reflex thing, bcz it controls your subconscious or something and once u got to picking its almost impossible to stop even if u realize u shouldnt be doing it (without no excuses or anything). and sometimes when u are at mirror and u just want to pick at that pimple, do u automatically think of those bunch of excuses? rly? :huh:

no bcz its rather a temptation thing, bcs its coded in subconscious somehow that u want to pick it, u dont even have to make no excuses for that, srsly..>_>

sry but had to answer bcz dude, u are wrong! picking is rather of ocd kind, yea it might have been developed in the way u describe in the first place (however most of ppl develop this habit bcz of somebody told them they have to pick and then they try it and then fall into trap, but not bcz of some excuses but bcz of how they thought is better), but then after when it becomes habbit or even worse addiction like, its more of a reflex thing, bcz it controls your subconscious or something and once u got to picking its almost impossible to stop even if u realize u shouldnt be doing it (without no excuses or anything). and sometimes when u are at mirror and u just want to pick at that pimple, do u automatically think of those bunch of excuses? rly? :huh:

no bcz its rather a temptation thing, bcs its coded in subconscious somehow that u want to pick it, u dont even have to make no excuses for that, srsly..>_>

Well yeah I kinda agree. It is subconscious, and once you start, the last thing you wanna do is stop, and maybe sometimes willpower is just not enough for some people.

But I'm kinda saying that will power does help, but most the time we bypass will-power by giving are selves an excuse. So really in the end, a picker can be a picker no matter how strong there will power may be. Even if they had the ability to stop 100%, I think it may not matter, because we have this habit of always taking the easy way out by making excuses. Idly that's what excuses are for..

Kinda Like.. We tend to pick the most when our systems are being stressed, but we also tend to do very well when we are stress free. Excuses seem to always come into play for the purpose of not putting any more stress on the system, so thus we let are defenses to not pick, down, and make a false excuse covering the real excuse to pick, and we really don't even know it. Same thing for drinking, drugs, and anything addictive..

I also think sometimes the subconscious brain can't tell the difference between an excuse to pick one zit, and an excuse to pop all of them. I think the brain just sees it as picking, and one excuse/reason to pick in a sense is like lighting a fuse to be allowed to pick all of them, and this is why will power is kinda' really not enough after that first pop/pick, you turned the switch to not pick off.. Can't turn it back on until picking puts to much stress on the system through guilt to force your brain to make an excuse to turn it on(the same way you started, but in a different way and in reverse), or just run out of things to pick.. But regardless, your brain is just trying to balance stress levels in the body, by using the comfort of picking and balancing it with the stress of self realization of what has been picked to a more manageable level, and you end up stopping in the middle when you balance out. The problem from here for example (and just to go a bit further) is that what has been picked stays there, and there's nothing the brain can do to reduce the stress of the picking episode except for making an 'another' excuse to do something that is just as pleasurable as the stress is stressful to balance yourself out. Now for example, what I had done after picking sometimes is OVEREAT and eat SWEETS, AND in a desperate attempt over SLEEP, sometimes for 20 hours. And see, how it connected to other Issues I was having?, well lets be universal here, now you have excuses branching off to possible other problems, like a virus. drugs, sex, anger, negative thinking, and so fourth ;P .. and then you get problems branching off all your problems, and making more problems off of those problems and forever, all being derived from excuses caused from something small that grew into a monster or monsters if you will.

Kinda like, just to name one cycle.

Stress=excuse=Picking=overeating=weight gain=depression=negative thinking=stressStress=excuse=Picking=overeating=weight gain=depression=negative thinking=stressStress=excuse=Picking=overeating=weight gain=depression=negative thinking=stressStress=excuse=Picking=overeating=weight gain=depression=negative thinking=stressStress=excuse=Picking=overeating=weight gain=depression=negative thinking=stress INFINITY ... -__-

Ask Why you pick?. OH IM STRESSED, depressed... angry... These are excuses to flip off the switch... get it?.. and click/bam your screwed, your conscious brain loses control, and your out of control screwing up your face having a blast ..

My idea was to THROW OUT the excuses from every aspect our our lives and not just picking, and let us suffer a bit.. in hopes of becoming stronger people overall, and I think picking should go away because you broke the links in the cycle and the branches, and other problems you have should go away aswell perhaps.

I hope I wrote that right.. My brain just exploded everywhere x_x ..

Edited by AthleticHunta

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

dude, it all makes sense, but i kind of dont get where the excuses take their part? u mean excuses as excuses of subconscious mind to relief for stress in a way which conscious mind wouldnt approve, or something? @[email protected]

aanywayz..well we all know that stress,depression etc = picking, bcz yea mind tries to..err..idk how to say it but..yea reduce stress that way or something, well yea, duh

anyhow its not something we can control just like turn on or off switch anyways :huh:

i mean whatever u say in the end subconscious mind is what decides wheter to pick or not depending on your that moments emotional state, but not depending if u personally made or havent made any special excuses for it, well maybe, but i doubt alot of ppl say to themselves: hey lets go and pick some pimples, it just happens like accidentaly most of times, bcz u start to examine yourself in mirror while ur stressed or depressed, outcome: picking orz u just sit somewhere stressed out without using your hands, and then hands just automatically start to occupy them with yo skin, outcome: picking. not that u specially made excuse for doing so, it just happened so, bcz mind is screwed that way and thats it..

getting stronger etc? yea sure, well we pickers deff are working on it, but as i said has nothing or very little to do with making or not, excuses >_>

dude, it all makes sense, but i kind of dont get where the excuses take their part? u mean excuses as excuses of subconscious mind to relief for stress in a way which conscious mind wouldnt approve, or something? @[email protected]

aanywayz..well we all know that stress,depression etc = picking, bcz yea mind tries to..err..idk how to say it but..yea reduce stress that way or something, well yea, duh

anyhow its not something we can control just like turn on or off switch anyways :huh:

i mean whatever u say in the end subconscious mind is what decides wheter to pick or not depending on your that moments emotional state, but not depending if u personally made or havent made any special excuses for it, well maybe, but i doubt alot of ppl say to themselves: hey lets go and pick some pimples, it just happens like accidentaly most of times, bcz u start to examine yourself in mirror while ur stressed or depressed, outcome: picking orz u just sit somewhere stressed out without using your hands, and then hands just automatically start to occupy them with yo skin, outcome: picking. not that u specially made excuse for doing so, it just happened so, bcz mind is screwed that way and thats it..

getting stronger etc? yea sure, well we pickers deff are working on it, but as i said has nothing or very little to do with making or not, excuses >_>

What I kinda meant was the excuse is a lie, metaphorically A 'door' that arises when your stressed to trick yourself into thinking it's ok to pick when it's simply not, and when this happens your defenseless, and no matter how strong you are, you can't stop yourself

from picking at this point on. In reality the excuse you make has nothing to do with anything really. Oh I'm stressed, or Oh whatever, your just trying to open a door to make it feel ok.

I kinda think we are working out the wrong mental muscle to stop us from picking, like a runner working out his arms preparing for a race. Maybe We gotta not fix are picking, we got to fix the way we think in having 0 tolerance for any excuses for anything, and when we do this we will build tolerance, like a muscle will get bigger.

The mind has a reason for doing anything. Pay attention to your thoughts when your about to pick and you know you shouldn't... BAM!. you make an excuse if you pick. Maybe it will be it does not matter because ______. Or I'm doing great one won't hurt me because ____________ .

What I kinda meant was the excuse is a lie, metaphorically A 'door' that arises when your stressed to trick yourself into thinking it's ok to pick when it's simply not, and when this happens your defenseless, and no matter how strong you are, you can't stop yourself

from picking at this point on. In reality it has nothing to do with the excuse, Oh I'm stressed, or Oh whatever, your just trying to open a door to make it feel ok.

I kinda think we are working out the wrong mental muscle to stop us from picking, like a runner working out his arms preparing for a race. Maybe We gotta not fix are picking, we got to fix the way we think in having 0 tolerance for any excuses for anything, and when we do this we will build tolerance.

The mind has a reason for doing anything. Pay attention to your thoughts when your about to pick and you know you shouldn't... BAM!. you make an excuse if you pick. Maybe it will be it does not matter because ______. Or I'm doing great one won't hurt me because ____________ .

Edited by AthleticHunta

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

well u put on yo glasses just now? lol aanywayz, i don care? im just answering to topic to which i dont agree, thats all. >_>

and wassup with video, im not troll, uknow. r u maybee huuh? l:/

also plz if u have something random in yo mind (like on my zombie thread), dont shout it out just like that out here, then pm me better, ill just unblock u

from picking at this point on. In reality it has nothing to do with the excuse, Oh I'm stressed, or Oh whatever, your just trying to open a door to make it feel ok.

I kinda think we are working out the wrong mental muscle to stop us from picking, like a runner working out his arms preparing for a race. Maybe We gotta not fix are picking, we got to fix the way we think in having 0 tolerance for any excuses for anything, and when we do this we will build tolerance.

Edited by fugleee_dumbBUNNY