Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ninergirl

Anything better than aquaphor?

So I am on accutane my second time. I am on my third month and my lips are super chapped which I know is normal, but they were never this chapped the first time I went on accutane. I use aquaphor all day every day. It was working, but now I put it on and 20 minutes later I need to reapply. I know this is not the worst side effect that many people suffer much worse, but its to the point where people are letting me know how chapped my lips are as if I didn't know and also just plain uncomfortable. Is there anything better than aquaphor?

I've on my final month of accutane, 80mg a day, and nothing seems to completely help my lips, but I've found that Aveeno Active Naturals Intensive Relief Therapy chapstick helps so much! It's really soothing. I don't know about your lips but mine actually hurt they're so chapped/cracked, this helps soothe them and makes them feel hydrated, also it's pretty inexpensive. As well it stays on for a fairly long time, it doesn't need re-applying constantly.

hey so i experienced chapped lips with my accutane as well, and I never found a product as moisturizing as aquaphor, but that was just from my experience. But what I did that helped lessen the dryness and flakiness of chapped lips was to every night do a VERY gentle exfoliation on my lips before bed and apply a very generous amount of aquaphor when I went to bed. Not just a thin layer but completely coat your lips. It seemed to work. best of luck xx

So I am on accutane my second time. I am on my third month and my lips are super chapped which I know is normal, but they were never this chapped the first time I went on accutane. I use aquaphor all day every day. It was working, but now I put it on and 20 minutes later I need to reapply. I know this is not the worst side effect that many people suffer much worse, but its to the point where people are letting me know how chapped my lips are as if I didn't know and also just plain uncomfortable. Is there anything better than aquaphor?

Hi, I have just started on roaccutane ( same thing different country)

I have never tried aquaphor, as you can't get in australia.

But here is what i use and noooo cracking lips, But still dry.

Burts bee's wax. Bonnie Bell lip therapy ( red tube)

Carmex, can get it at any pharmacy.

Cocoa butter chap stick and also I Have started to make my own. As most of these only last a little while and I find myself applying it every 10 minutes and using so much, I'll give you the ingredients for the lip balm I make and hopefully you can try it.

1 teaspoon of olive oil or better yet joboba Oil.

1 teaspoon of cocoa butter or any body butter that has an oil base

2 teaspoon of soy wax, ( sounds wierd I know, but has the staying power and will last for an hour on your lips and make them feels so smooth and refreshed and not dry, completely vegan and natural)

1/2 teaspoon of vaseline

The put all this in a little glass bowl or jug and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and then stir with a spoon. Not wood or plastic,

heat again for 30 seconds and it should be all melted. ( if not 20 sec bursts until it is)

add some natural flavoured peppermint oil or choclate essence, one or two drops is more than enough and stir, stir and more stiring,

Then put into an old tin (lip balm tin) or chap stick tube and seal with the lid.

Wrap it in cling wrap and put it in the fridge for 4 hours. ( cling wrap is if it leaks or spills, you will find it difficult to clean up)

Hope this helps and your lips get much better!

Dr Dans Lip Balm.....you cannot go wrong with this stuff. It feels like a lip balm but protects and heals like aquaphor. I don't even use aquaphor anymore because this stuff works so well and is convenient.

Guest *Spiro*

Did you find something better than the Aquaphor? I don't feel like it works good for me either. I would love to hear if you did!

jack's black intense therapy lip balm for men (i'm a girl and i use it!):

http://www.sephora.com/intense-therapy-lip-balm-spf-25-P12573

i heard lucas paw paw ointment (only available in australia, but you can probably order it online or ebay) is amazing as well. since i live in the states and can't get this as easily haha, i mostly use aquaphor and carmex and blistex in the blue jar (i like the minty cooling feeling ha)

just ordered dr dans cortibalm on amazon! hope it's good =)