Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went to sephora yesterday. And bought these items.

- YSL oil free foundation in rose

-Laurier Mercier loose mineral powder in #1

- a brush set

- time balm concealer

But anyways, I went in there thinking there would just be tons of beautiful people and trust me there were was a small bunch. But other people. There skin had blemishes, scars, pits, full blown acne, the works. I'm not complaining or trying to sound superior in any way. I'm just shocked that make up can do that much for people. I don't know how you ladies can do it every morning and then take it off at night. Props to you. Seriously.

It was just another slap in the face. Have I blown this quest for clear skin completely out of proportion? I was one of the few in there that did not have serious acne issues. Even the sales rep was like, she put concealer under my eyes and then suggested that I could use it for blemishes. And I was like hahha yeah I know I have acne issues. And she looked at me like no you don't. I have no idea what you're talking about. So I'm just a slave to my expectations I guess.

I don't know whether to feel good or bad. I need to free myself from this idea of perfection. Let go. It's just so hard sometimes. Especially In L.A.

If the beauty rep is saying you don't have an acne issue when she could have potentially made commission peddling you all sorts of crap to cover it up, then your acne issues are not as bad as you thought. :)

Don't worry about sounding superior or anything, you don't. It just sounds like you had a enlightening experience with a good outcome. Be happy. It could be worse. ( the annoying dreaded phrase ;) )

Kinda off topic but... I remember going to the Sephora at Disney Land once to pick up some good cleanser and some chick noticed I had acne so she suggested like 300 dollars worth of stuff (overpriced BP, SA, sulfer, etc) and put it up at check out and I was like, "Uhm, no thanks... I may have acne but I'm not stupid."

So yeah, anytime I go in there for the cleanser I sneak around like a ninja and run out after paying cause they're trained to notice acne and capitalize on it. :ninja::lol:

Edited by CursedSoul

Ladies let me just say I went out last night and experimented with the make up that I got.....

FANTASTIC! SERIOUSLY FANTASTIC. The combination of the YSL oil free foundation and the mericer loose powder.... I didn't have to blot once. And I had the make up on for more than 8 hours. 8 HOURS! and my make up stayed the entire night. It was humid and foggy and gross and I was running around taking care of my dog and it still lasted all night! AMAZING