Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

I have some shallow scaring (small icepicks/enlarged pores) and a few boxscar, along with a not so good texture(different colors, looks uneven). My acne is under control.

Im considering fraxel repair, as I am a good candidate, or possibly A Tca peel/blue peel.

So my question is; Is fraxel repair sutible for shallow scaring, and does anyone have any experience with the effects?

Im in my early 20s.

Money is not an issue(that makes me sound like an asshole).

excuse my writing, as english is not my first language.

Thank You.

Most likely docs would suggest any laser resurfacing. I would highly recommend a test spot prior to this. Lot of people have had disastrous results from laser including non-ablative laser.

Edited by bameano

I am in the same sort of situation! And wanting to know the same thing. Where would be a good spot to get a test spot done?

Guest Timehealsall

i have shallow scarring to, tiny icepicks and some boxcars.

Has anyone succesfully treated their icepicks?

Try a series of dermaroller treatments and see how you fair

I would personally go with Dermaroller/TCA Cross before considering any laser treatment

I agree. Before doing any serious procedures, try some other less-invasive and less expensive treatments first. I have very shallow, minor scars too that seem to be responding very well to microdermabrasion and Mederma scar gel twice a day. Together, these treatments cost me about 30 bucks. Worth a try!

But, how shallow is your scarring? Many members here claim I don't even have scarring or that it's too minimal to matter, but either way I have seen some results with this current routine.