Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maelstrom209

Need to get acne under control by wedding date

My brother is getting married in January and I'm his best man. I started with a new derm for a month and my acne seems worse. She told me to give it time to clear. I'm following her instruction but need to clear up faster. January is soon. Any suggestions to help control the problem? Thanks!

My brother is getting married in January and I'm his best man. I started with a new derm for a month and my acne seems worse. She told me to give it time to clear. I'm following her instruction but need to clear up faster. January is soon. Any suggestions to help control the problem? Thanks!

I think you posted in the wrong spot but I'll give you some advice... Head over to the nutrition and holistic section.

Try cutting out dairy and anything with gluten in it in your diet. Also dont eat processed foods and stay away from sugar! Drink a lot of water and take vitamin C and zinc. I can almost be certain your skin will at least be clearer by the time the wedding rolls around. Also, topically I would trying buying a soft baby brush and exfoliating with that, dont go over any active whiteheads though or you will spread the bacteria.

Good luck.

My derm has me on a Erythromycin/Bezoyl Peroxide topical gel in the morning, Ziana at night, and Doryx daily. These all have some form of antibiotic. I also use Cetaphil Antibacetrial bar soap for my face and Dial's Antibacterial bodywash for my body. On paper, you'd think this regime would help kill the acne once and for all. Unfortunately it has for me. I'm only 1 month into this so maybe it needs more time. With the wedding in January, I just want to get it under control. It doesn't have to be all clear, just no new breakouts.

Don't expect a miracle. You can definitely try some things. Drink more water, eat vegetables and fruit, and other healthy foods to help repair the skin. Work from the inside out. An oral medication or topical treatment will only address the symptoms. Try to reduce your stress level as much as possible to prevent future breakouts.

People were doing niacin flushes for getting clear in a jiffy when they had an important event to go to.

You just can't do it very often or it breaks your capillaries or something :lol: