Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sevinw0rds

Moisturizer question while on Accutane

So I'm on day 21 of Claravis (Accutane generic) and even though I'm definitely dryer overall, it's really the area affected by acne that concerns me right now, being my right cheek. I currently have maybe one or two actives, but the rest that are healing easily become very flaky, almost crust-like.

I bought Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with SPF 50 protection. On the rest of my face it dissolves fine, but when I put it over the spots it just stays gunked on there, which is obviously not a good thing when you gotta be talking to people at work all day. Should I maybe only use it at night since my whole face isn't all that dry? Or does anyone know of a non-comedogenic moisturizer that will go on clear? If I don't apply anything to the acne, those flakes look pretty crazy too.

Thanks, everyone!

Hello.

I've been on Retin A for quite some time, and thankfully I'm clear - but I did have the common problem of dry skin as a result of use. After several trial and error experiences with moisturizers, I asked my derm to recommend something, and she gave me a sample of DML, Moisturizing Lotion, and this has been the BEST moisturizer I have ever used. I can't sings it's praises enough. It is plain and boring like Cetaphil, but it truly works for me. My derm told me pharmacies typically keep it behins the counter, but I found it at an online drugstore - no problems. It's fast absorbing and goes on so smooth. I see it working better for people with normal, to normal to oily skin types. Don't get me wrong, my skin is dry from the Retin A, and it works very well for me. I LOVE DML!

ETA: Don't pay attention to my siggy, I haven't edited what I used in a while - probably ought ot do that.

Edited by *ShiningStar*

Hello.

I've been on Retin A for quite some time, and thankfully I'm clear - but I did have the common problem of dry skin as a result of use. After several trial and error experiences with moisturizers, I asked my derm to recommend something, and she gave me a sample of DML, Moisturizing Lotion, and this has been the BEST moisturizer I have ever used. I can't sings it's praises enough. It is plain and boring like Cetaphil, but it truly works for me. My derm told me pharmacies typically keep it behins the counter, but I found it at an online drugstore - no problems. It's fast absorbing and goes on so smooth. I see it working better for people with normal, to normal to oily skin types. Don't get me wrong, my skin is dry from the Retin A, and it works very well for me. I LOVE DML!

ETA: Don't pay attention to my siggy, I haven't edited what I used in a while - probably ought ot do that.

That sounds awesome! This is probably a rhetorical question, but I'm guessing it's oil-free and doesn't clog pores right? Sorry, just have to check haha. And thanks so much for the suggestion!

Yes. It's oil-free and won't clog pores. I think it's especially beneficial for women because it leaves a nice matte finish, leaving a nice base for make up application. Make up or not, though, the matte finish is definitely a nice bonus.

use Cerave Moisturizing Lotion. its oil free and check the reviews here

Yes. It's oil-free and won't clog pores. I think it's especially beneficial for women because it leaves a nice matte finish, leaving a nice base for make up application. Make up or not, though, the matte finish is definitely a nice bonus.

Thanks so much to the both of you, I'll give these a shot and see which works best!