Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chikyuu

My face is getting raw and sore.

I'm in month 5 of the regimen and I think my skin is just too dry to go on anymore.

Everyday I flake and flake and flake even though I moisturize twice a day with cetaphil and jojoba oil. My skin itches to the point when I try to get all of the dead skin and flakes off, now I'm getting pink sore areas on my face about the size of a nickel.

This really sucks.

I might just use less than 2 pumps of BP to see if my face heals.

Edited by Chikyuu

Guest Timehealsall

how exactly are you removing the dead skin off?

I am in a similar position in that my skin gets massive dead skin, and when i rub it off, it gets red. But the redness goes away after 5-10 minutes usually..

I think we should both just use maybe BP once a day?

Hey! I've been following your log, and I know you've been having a bit of a rough time of it :(

Why don't you try toning down the BP and seeing how that goes? At the worst you would break out a little bit more, but that would definitely happen if you went off it entirely. I also know from experience that dry, irritated skin = breakouts.

Let us know how it goes

x

I have the same problem! I only been on regimen for a month and i'm not showing any signs of "getting used to" BP. My cheeks are covered with dead, tough skin and the places where it peeled off are red, raw and very sensitive (it burns a lot when i apply anything on those areas)

I decided to drop everything and let my face heal. I'll def break out, but my face looks so patchy and just pain sick right now :( I don't know if this is the right way to go. Wishing you luck anyways! <3

Guest Timehealsall
I have the same problem! I only been on regimen for a month and i'm not showing any signs of "getting used to" BP. My cheeks are covered with dead, tough skin and the places where it peeled off are red, raw and very sensitive (it burns a lot when i apply anything on those areas)

I decided to drop everything and let my face heal. I'll def break out, but my face looks so patchy and just pain sick right now :( I don't know if this is the right way to go. Wishing you luck anyways! <3

hey, did you try removing the dead skin with jojoba exofliation method? basically, you rub moderately hard with jojoba oil and the flakes should come off.

hey, did you try removing the dead skin with jojoba exofliation method? basically, you rub moderately hard with jojoba oil and the flakes should come off.

Yes! I massaged for a looong time and nothing came out!

Hey! I've been following your log, and I know you've been having a bit of a rough time of it :(

Why don't you try toning down the BP and seeing how that goes? At the worst you would break out a little bit more, but that would definitely happen if you went off it entirely. I also know from experience that dry, irritated skin = breakouts.

Let us know how it goes

x

If you're following my log you should say hello ^^

Well I've tried not to rub or itch the dead skin off my face and it seems a rough patch of skin is forming over the raw spots to protect and heal it.

I'm definitely not gonna use the new DKR moisturizer again anytime soon and leave the moisturizing all up to Cetaphil, Jojoba, and maybe OlaySPF if I'm going outside for a while. I guess I just gotta leave my dead skin alone for now. I'm just shedding like CRAZY.

Were you using Dan's new moisterizer? cause i was using it and it cause a lot of flakes over the areas i use the bp. I switched back to cetaphil and my skin flaked off but now seems to be fine.

I WAS using a thin layer of the new DKR under my OLAY in the daytime for even calmed skin tone and whatnot, but I think it increased my dead skin and shedding somehow. I've been using only cetaphil the past couple days with a bit of improvement.

I WAS using a thin layer of the new DKR under my OLAY in the daytime for even calmed skin tone and whatnot, but I think it increased my dead skin and shedding somehow. I've been using only cetaphil the past couple days with a bit of improvement.

I was using it for the same reason, it calmed the redness really quick but it was itching the whole day and caused the flakes. cetaphil helps with the flakes but it doesn't help with the redness.. I'm going to try something else..

I think almost any moisturizer with a high amount of glycerin may cause redness, for some reason glycerin seems to react with BP and make your face red.

I'm going to use 1.5 instead of 2 pumps of BP for the next few days to see if these raw spots heal. This is really strange. Last year (perhaps when my teenage hormones were more whacked out, and I had more acne and more sebum production) I never had to deal with dryness this bad.

Edited by Chikyuu

I'm going to try Lac Hydrin five, it has glycerin too but I'm thinking it should have less than cetaphil since it has AHA, do you know any good moisturizer without glycerin?

Guest Timehealsall
I think almost any moisturizer with a high amount of glycerin may cause redness, for some reason glycerin seems to react with BP and make your face red.

I'm going to use 1.5 instead of 2 pumps of BP for the next few days to see if these raw spots heal. This is really strange. Last year (perhaps when my teenage hormones were more whacked out, and I had more acne and more sebum production) I never had to deal with dryness this bad.

hey chikyuu, these raw spots you are talking about, do you see like red/fleshy skin? I mean, is it red all the time, or just red when you remove the dead skin?

Which cetaphil moisturizer are you using? Maybe you could try using more jojoba oil?

I get the same thing when it comes to dead skin, but it doesnt really get raw (Atleast i dont think it does?)

you see pink skin, it's sensitive and sore, and it seems to form a layer of dead skin you can feel over it to try and heal itself. Kind of like how you get a sunburn, and you peel, and it almost feels wet underneath? Like that.

I'm using storebrand Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It's equate. Right now I'm kind of massaging jojoba into my wet face after cleansing then rinsing it off.

I think it's partly due to me trying to rub/scratch the dead skin all off my face, too. lus ever since trying the new yellow DKR it seems to have increased my skin shedding, so I itch more, and get rashes or red/pink areas especially around the mouth.

Guest Timehealsall
you see pink skin, it's sensitive and sore, and it seems to form a layer of dead skin you can feel over it to try and heal itself. Kind of like how you get a sunburn, and you peel, and it almost feels wet underneath? Like that.

I'm using storebrand Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It's equate. Right now I'm kind of massaging jojoba into my wet face after cleansing then rinsing it off.

I think it's partly due to me trying to rub/scratch the dead skin all off my face, too. lus ever since trying the new yellow DKR it seems to have increased my skin shedding, so I itch more, and get rashes or red/pink areas especially around the mouth.

ive never gotten a sunburn before, so i cant say.

I have a ton of layers of dead skin, but it doesnt feel wet or look pink/raw or anything.. But it does look as if the dead skin wont come off

I've decided to use 1 pump of BP in the day and 2 in the night until these raw spots stop. Not to mention, I'm STILL BREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!

I'm really extremely frustrated! From my experience I remember the regimen working last year in just a FEW MONTHS. Now it's been 4 and I'm still having breakouts! Not only that but my face is STILL flaky, STILL dry, STILL irritated, to the point all of my skin is peeling off.

Hi Chikyuu,

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time even at 5th month! I wonder if you can do just one pump of bp and a whole lot of moisturizer...? Maybe your moisturizer isn't strong enough. I smear vitamin E oil, jojoba, and sbt oil morning and night and keeps me really hydrated and skin soft.

Do you peel off your flakes? If so, don't touch them. They will fall when they are ready. Instead try the fruit puree masks and let the natural aha exfoliate it away?

goodluck! ;)

I actually really liked the smoothing effects if AHA+. but it burned so badly even with a small amount of the stuff I had to press ice against my face. even after a months use.

I'm in month 5 of the regimen and I think my skin is just too dry to go on anymore.

Everyday I flake and flake and flake even though I moisturize twice a day with cetaphil and jojoba oil. My skin itches to the point when I try to get all of the dead skin and flakes off, now I'm getting pink sore areas on my face about the size of a nickel.

This really sucks.

Hey Chikyuu,

I follow a lot of your posts, and I think the best thing for your skin is to let it breathe. You will continue to break out as long as your skin is dry/irritated. Try using BP just once a day for a little while. Not 2 pumps, either, try less. Do this until your skin catches up. When it does catch up to the point where you can see your "normal" skin again, try it twice a day again. I absolutely can't stand having a dry, flaky face. I know you probably can't as well.

I know you can get through this, especially since you have gone 5 months like this. You were definitely right in discontinuing Dan's new moisturizer. I personally think it moisturizes about as well as isopropyl alcohol. Anyhow, just let your skin catch up, you won't regret it. When you see healthy skin again, even if you still have some acne, you will feel as though you have won the battle.

Edited by Ryan C

This really sucks.

Hey Chikyuu,

I follow a lot of your posts, and I think the best thing for your skin is to let it breathe. You will continue to break out as long as your skin is dry/irritated. Try using BP just once a day for a little while. Not 2 pumps, either, try less. Do this until your skin catches up. When it does catch up to the point where you can see your "normal" skin again, try it twice a day again. I absolutely can't stand having a dry, flaky face. I know you probably can't as well.

I know you can get through this, especially since you have gone 5 months like this. You were definitely right in discontinuing Dan's new moisturizer. I personally think it moisturizes about as well as isopropyl alcohol. Anyhow, just let your skin catch up, you won't regret it. When you see healthy skin again, even if you still have some acne, you will feel as though you have won the battle.

You really think I ought to use less than 2 pumps a day? I'm using 3 right now and the idea of only applying BP once a day kinda scared me at this point since I'm still having 1-2 active zits at one time.

This really sucks.

Hey Chikyuu,

You really think I ought to use less than 2 pumps a day? I'm using 3 right now and the idea of only applying BP once a day kinda scared me at this point since I'm still having 1-2 active zits at one time.

Well, all I can say is that in my personal opinion, those 1-2 active zits are being caused by the irritation that your face is being put through. If you do let your face catch up, you may be able to get back to using more BP with much less irritation. However, if you think that your skin's current state is going to go away any time soon (by the way you have described it), you are more than likely mistaken. It took my skin 5 days to return to normal when it was too dry. I didn't use any BP for that time, and it took 5 days to become flake free. I thought that was crazy. Trust me when I say this, when the flakes/dryness cuts down, you will feel much better about your skin. I only broke out a tiny bit, so it wasnt bad at all. To tell you the truth, I really didn't break out much worse than I did when I was still on the Regimen. Don't be afraid to cut back, because you are only hurting your skin by putting it through the constant hell that can be BP. Great for bacteria, but not exactly the best at creating glamorous-looking skin in high dosages.

Guest Timehealsall

This really sucks.

Hey Chikyuu,

wait what? you only have 1-2 zits on your face at a time? Thats not that bad is it?

No, actually, my acne isn't that bad. It's just extremely stubborn, and once zits leave, they leave red and dark marks for weeks and weeks. right now I can count about 15-20 flat red/dark marks on my face, ALONG with always having a big, red, inflamed, itchy, painful pimple or two on my face at any one time. And it's not like my face has been very oily, once the layers of moisturizer and BP are washed off, my skin is actually quite dry.

Sure, I'm lazy and I've missed a couple of applications every month, but what's frustrating is that I can remember the regimen working better for me last year. I had way worse acne then, and secreted much more oil, so I guess I didn't have as much of a flaking/shedding problem as I have now. Plus my acne was reduced to nothing. And I'm pretty sure it didn't take 5 months.

Probably stupid teenage hormones and a dry environment with hard water, it all doesn't help me either.

Guest Timehealsall
No, actually, my acne isn't that bad. It's just extremely stubborn, and once zits leave, they leave red and dark marks for weeks and weeks. right now I can count about 15-20 flat red/dark marks on my face, ALONG with always having a big, red, inflamed, itchy, painful pimple or two on my face at any one time. And it's not like my face has been very oily, once the layers of moisturizer and BP are washed off, my skin is actually quite dry.

Sure, I'm lazy and I've missed a couple of applications every month, but what's frustrating is that I can remember the regimen working better for me last year. I had way worse acne then, and secreted much more oil, so I guess I didn't have as much of a flaking/shedding problem as I have now. Plus my acne was reduced to nothing. And I'm pretty sure it didn't take 5 months.

Probably stupid teenage hormones and a dry environment with hard water, it all doesn't help me either.

ic. Yea, my pmiples (Even unsignificant ones) leave red marks that last MONTHS, and then, they indent. FML!

I know where you derived that whole hard water concept from, but honestly if your skin cannot tolerate hard water in your current environment, you probably should use an amount of BP that it can handle. I don't think your going to be installing a salt thingy in your house any time soon, so you should probably just accept what you do have . The dry environment doesn't help much either. Also, I will say that the PIH I got when I was on the Regimen is a lot more stubborn than the PIH that I got when I was off the Regimen. I think this in part due to the more tan skin color my skin was taking on from all of the dead skin. When I stopped the Regimen (for 5 days), the PIH started to fade (not completely, but it looked A WHOLE LOT BETTER). The PIH generally takes longer to fade when your skin is constantly irritated. I don't know why this is and I wish I could give you a detailed scientifical explanation, but you can ask almost anyone with acne that is irritating their skin with harsh products/medicatons. They will more than likely tell you that PIH is prolonged with constant irriation.

So, in short, not only is the amount of BP you are using causing you irritation and more trouble than you asked for, the irritation is probably (at least in part) causing the lesions you are getting on a regular basis AND prolonging your PIH. Just an inference. Hope this helps :D