Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
isitmygf

Acne from other people? Girlfriends and boyfriends?

Lately I've been having some break outs; could it be from touching my face to my date's face when we're hugging? She has some acne, and it's a bit early for me to tell her about acne medication (she might take it the wrong way).

Does anyone have experience with this? Could it be from her, that I'm getting break outs? Or is it likely to be other factors? I've also been stressed and not sleeping enough.

Thanks guys.

i don't think you would get acne just from hugging and touching faces unless she had just popped a pimple and it was weeping..although it is possible that if you are making out a lot that friction from her nose or chin on your cheeks/mouth area could clog your pores. But it's more likely that stress and bad sleep habits have to do with it.

as a side note, i don't suggest telling her that you think she is giving you acne so she should use acne products...if she has acne she is probabally already doing something to treat it and that would most likely hurt her feelings very much, especially coming from her bf

Agreed, definitely do NOT tell her about her acne hahaha. I notice I break out around the areas where my girlfriends face touches mine too (from kissing cuddling ect) I think it may have to do with the saliva (oh yes, m-ing out saliva) or the friction / contact. Definitely worth it though :) hahaha.

I told my husband when we first started dating the rules.

I told him to not touch my face. When I started staying over at his place I made it very clear he needed to start washing his own face and regularly washing his pillow cases.

Honestly,he was irritated by it for the first week...but then he got used to the routine. He likes washing his face now.He grabs my neck or the back his my head if he wants to lovingly hold my face in his hands.He doesn't have any issues with it whatsoever.

I know some people think what I did was silly,but my skin's health is very important to me. If I said nothing at all to him then my paranoia would just build up inside me and turn into anger.

He was okay enough with my careful skin routines that he married me,so obviously it becomes a non-issue after a bit. lol

Given that acne originates deep within the pore, I find it highly unlikely that two faces touching would give you acne. Not like it's contagious. :P

Please don't say anything to her- She'll be so embarrassed!! She probably already uses acne medications, so just don't mention it. You'll really make her insecure. It is probably your own stress that is making you break out. I highly doubt it is her.

logically, it shouldn't, but i know that when my bf was breaking out and i lay with my face against his, i'd break out on that area

also, i'd get body acne from long-term snuggling while wearing synthetic fabrics, but i always get body break outs from sweating with bad fabric on, so i'm pretty sure that was just from that

I don't know,I can see why there would be a small chance of breakout of from someone elses skin...

Her products and makeup might rub off on you,and the stuff she uses could potentially be pore clogging.There's also the bacterial aspect of acne that everyone seems to be forgetting.

While it may be a small chance,it's not something I'd be so quick to write off.

Edited by OmegaisJaded