Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JerseySon

New Guy, Help Me Out

Im 19 and have had acne since I was about 14, I have tried alot of stuff, this is what I used to do:

Morning

-Cleanse with SF Lotion

- Duac all over face

Night

-Cleanse with SF Lotion

- Tazorac all over face

- Neuotrogena Oild free combination moisturizer all over face

- 100 mg doxycycline

Im ussualy good for about a week but hten it comes back the next week, some months i have it all the time and some months i dont have it once, it really depends, i dont eat too great, but i dontt hink thats it

I stopped using everything but the doxycycline and the moisturizer a littel while ago and that worked surpsirnsgly well, then for some reason I decided to get oxy clean pads and used those everyday like times a day and kinda stopped the omiosturzier a little. I broke started breaking out so then I started putting duac and tazorac on the areas i was breaking out and they broke out alot more. Now i am just moisturizing againg

I really need some advice

Im 19 and have had acne since I was about 14, I have tried alot of stuff, this is what I used to do:

Morning

-Cleanse with SF Lotion

- Duac all over face

Night

-Cleanse with SF Lotion

- Tazorac all over face

- Neuotrogena Oild free combination moisturizer all over face

- 100 mg doxycycline

Im ussualy good for about a week but hten it comes back the next week, some months i have it all the time and some months i dont have it once, it really depends, i dont eat too great, but i dontt hink thats it

I stopped using everything but the doxycycline and the moisturizer a littel while ago and that worked surpsirnsgly well, then for some reason I decided to get oxy clean pads and used those everyday like times a day and kinda stopped the omiosturzier a little. I broke started breaking out so then I started putting duac and tazorac on the areas i was breaking out and they broke out alot more. Now i am just moisturizing againg

I really need some advice

What's SF Lotion?

Using tazorac as a spot treatment is kind of pointless. You have to use a small amount all over your face consistently for at least a month. Ppl that stick it out with retinoids often see great success. If you're not gonna be consistent with it, don't use it at all - it irritates and just messes with everything else.

So I should just add the tazorac to what im doing? will it make my acne worse at first? I don't want that cause it hasnt been that bad lately.