Notifications
Clear all

Alba or Burt's Bees?

MemberMember
(@yaganaga)

Posted : 12/08/2010 11:39 pm

Ok, so I've been on Burt's Bees Acne Solution (the face cleanser, the lotion, the spot treament, and using the scrub (not daily))twice daily for about two months. It's working ok, but I think it may have caused this big nasty cluster on the side of my chin (because before it I hadn't had anything like it). Sooo, I've been thinking about using something new.

I saw Alba's AcneDote (the cleanser and astringent) and I'm thinking about it, but I really haven't seen many reviews for it so that makes me cautious.

So, should I stick it out with Burt's Bees (that has helped my skin some) or try something new?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/09/2010 4:21 pm

Do you have just mild acne or it it pretty bad?

Mine is moderate, and I can't really use much but Purpose Daily Cleanser and jojoba oil. I've looked at the Alba stuff, too, but they have a few too many ingredients in them for me to risk.

MemberMember
(@gracey1-2)

Posted : 12/09/2010 4:26 pm

I don't know. Personally I'd stick with Burt's for at least another month. From other message boards, it seems that a lot of products take at least 3 months to get complete results.

Also, most products seem to have an adjustment period where things get worse before they get better. If you switch to Alba your break outs might worsen.

MemberMember
(@lizzie3654)

Posted : 08/06/2015 8:22 pm

I personally love this product it's the only one that prevent my breakouts