Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
12welve

Finally Found Something That WORKS

I used to browse these forums years ago and always told myself that if I found something that worked for me I would come back and post about it, sooo...

Background: I'm 25 and have had severe acne since grade 9. I've been on Accutane, OTC products, "Acne Free in 3 Days", natural remedies (egg yolk, egg white, ACV, baking soda etc) and Tetracycline. On top of facial acne, I also have chest and back acne and have plenty of indentations on my face.

Currently, my face is the clearest it's been in a LONG time. Red marks are 95% gone, indentations are 95% gone, I haven't had a new pimple in months...my skin looks pretty much normal...like I never had acne. My chest and back have been responding slower, but have recently started to clear up too.

Here's what I did:

1) I stopped using any product at all on my face about 6 - 8 months ago. I'll sometimes use sensitive Dove or Olive Oil soap but usually I just use water (from the shower). Sometime's I'll splash my face in the morning with sink water, sometimes I won't. I do nothing before bed.

So, step one is to stop putting chemicals on your face! All this does is temporarily lessen or fix the condition. It doesn't correct the CAUSE of the condition though, therefore the condition will always come back more resistant to the chemical and get worse than before. These chemicals are also being absorbed through your skin and into your bloodstream, which is not healthy. If you wouldn't eat it, you shouldn't put it on your skin.

2) I started seeing a homeopathic doctor. He has me on two medicines. One is a cell salt and the other is called Calcarea Carbonica. I believe the cell salt is more for the acne whereas the CC is to help me as a whole going directly to the source of my symptoms (more than just acne).

3) I changed my diet. I no longer consume animal based products. The products are pumped full of hormones and disease from these animals that they cause so much harm to our bodies. Humans are not meant to be carnivores for many reasons (too many to get into now). I've been eating mainly fruits and vegetables and have seen a great increase in my energy levels amongst other things.

That is the order I've done stuff in.

Step 1 helped reduce the amount of new pimples I got and cleared up some acne, but didn't do much as far as fading red marks, indentations or anything else.

Step 2 I've been doing for 3 or 4 months now and since starting that I haven't really had any new breakouts. Recently I've been seeing huge improvements, which I think Step 3 helped a lot with.

Step 3 I just started a few weeks ago and this seems to be kicking steps 1 and 2 into overdrive because ever since making that dietary change everything else started kicking in tremendously.

I believe that Step 1 and 3 are the most important. The homeopathic may not be necessary all though it may help in speeding up the process, but not using anything but water (once a day max) and cleaning up your diet will do wonders for you skin, your mood, and your energy levels.

Best of luck to you all!

Sweetie, forget the fact that the supplements you're taking would be useless if they actually contained any of the advertised constituents, you're actually PAYING for WATER. Homeopathic remedies are so incredibly diluted that not even one molecule of the original substance is present in a single dose. Homeopathic doctors will openly admit this to you, its part of their "woo" pseudoscience. The explanation is that the water carries the "vibrational frequency" of the substance. Total and utter bull.

@cesar1983 sorry, no pics. But yes, my indentations have faded drastically. There not all gone, but I strongly believe they will be within 2 - 6 months (the last bit always takes the longest).

@greentiger87 yes, homeopathic medicine is strongly diluted...no one hides that fact, but so far it's been working for me, and not just for acne. I didn't go for acne, I went for something else and he said what he gave me will also help the acne and scarring. I'm a very skeptical person and was very skeptical about going to this doctor, but I can't argue with the results.

However, I also believe that a huge key in my recent success with acne has been the DIET change. I'm supplying my body with tons of vitamins and minerals and fibers via fresh and raw fruits and vegetables. This is cleaning my system out and helping with the regeneration of new and healthy cells. My skin is clearer, my eyes are whiter my mind is calmer, my energy is higher...it's all diet man. I don't doubt that diet alone would bring these positive changes, but I believe the homeopathic medicine helped it work faster and with little detox symptoms.

Believe it or not, I have no reason to come on here and lie to anyone. I've been suffering over 10 years, and am just glad I can finally share something that works with people.

I'm not making any money, I'm not supporting or pushing a specific product. I'm just stating what's working for me.

I totally understand the impulse to want to tell the world about what works for you. I get it 100%

But what reason do you have to think that the homeopathic remedies helped, or made things happen faster? If you made a huge change in your diet (which is awesome and takes lots of discipline and hard work) why would you give any credit to some really expensive water? YOU did it. Not that doctor.

Edited by greentiger87

12WELVE - if you PLEASE.

in regards to the diet changes, - is wheat bread and old fashioned quaker oats alright to eat or should i cut those out? i also like my bananas really ripe to the point where the banana peel gets dark spots and really tender>> does that defeat the purpose of fresh fruit?

i have cut out all the dairy i can, altho i still eat hard boiled eggs (mostly the egg white, but occasionally the yolk as well).

also, would canned tuna and canned salmon (alaskan wild caught) be ok to eat as well?

thank YOU.

Edited by Sito

12WELVE - if you PLEASE.

in regards to the diet changes, - is wheat bread and old fashioned quaker oats alright to eat or should i cut those out? i also like my bananas really ripe to the point where the banana peel gets dark spots and really tender>> does that defeat the purpose of fresh fruit?

i have cut out all the dairy i can, altho i still eat hard boiled eggs (mostly the egg white, but occasionally the yolk as well).

also, would canned tuna and canned salmon (alaskan wild caught) be ok to eat as well?

thank YOU.

Sito, those are all really good changes you have made!

About the bananas, that's the best time to eat them as the brown spots indicate that the starch has converted to sugars which is easier on digestion and more useful to our cells.

If you can cut our the wheat, oats, canned stuff and eggs entirely, that would be optimal, but I wouldn't stress over it. Just enjoy what you eat, and eventually try to eat less of that stuff and more fresh whole raw fruits and vegetables. Try having just fruit for breakfast sometimes. And if you want to really get going at tissue regeneration, have 1 - 2 green smoothies a day!

Do you have a juicer? If you do, try juicing some apple, celery, cucumber and a bit of leafy greens (spinach or parsley or romaine). The leafy greens are the key, but you want to start off with just a little and work up your tolerance.

If you don't have a juicer, you can blend the ingredients...just add the juiciest ingredients to the blender first and also add some water to it.

If you want to talk more about this I'd be happy to answer any more questions or offer any advice!

@greentiger87 because I was seeing results RIGHT AWAY with the homeopathic stuff with the other condition I went there for. Acne stopped popping up, but took a few months to start going away (which I think is acceptable when not using any product or soap on my face or taking any prescription or OTC pills or creams). I also stated that I believe diet can 100% cure acne on its own and mentioned in my first post the homeopathic stuff might not be necessary...I just mentioned it since that's what I've been doing. I don't know if my results are one thing or the combination of many things.

I also have been eating a lot more greens. I have at least one green smoothie a day, take 50mg of zinc, and use jojoba oil as my cleasner.

post-114225-1291902534_thumb.jpg

post-114225-1291902534_thumb.jpg

12WELVE - if you PLEASE.

thank YOU.

Sito, those are all really good changes you have made!

About the bananas, that's the best time to eat them as the brown spots indicate that the starch has converted to sugars which is easier on digestion and more useful to our cells.

If you can cut our the wheat, oats, canned stuff and eggs entirely, that would be optimal, but I wouldn't stress over it. Just enjoy what you eat, and eventually try to eat less of that stuff and more fresh whole raw fruits and vegetables. Try having just fruit for breakfast sometimes. And if you want to really get going at tissue regeneration, have 1 - 2 green smoothies a day!

Do you have a juicer? If you do, try juicing some apple, celery, cucumber and a bit of leafy greens (spinach or parsley or romaine). The leafy greens are the key, but you want to start off with just a little and work up your tolerance.

If you don't have a juicer, you can blend the ingredients...just add the juiciest ingredients to the blender first and also add some water to it.

If you want to talk more about this I'd be happy to answer any more questions or offer any advice!

12WELVE - i most def. want to talk more about this so i will be seeking your advice.

i plan on doing like you said and eating less of the stuff i'm accustomed to eating and incorporating more fresh whole raw fruits and vegetables.

my 1st question is what fruits, and in what amount, would you consider to be sufficient for a decent breakfast>??

And since i really want to get going at tissue regeneration, my main concern and the primary change i will be making is adding at least 4-5 green smoothies to my diet a week. Hopefully i can

work my way up to the 2 green smoothies a day you recommended.

Anyway, i know you wrote of blending ingredients for smoothies consisting of celery, cucumber, romaine lettuce, spinach, and a few others foods, but what other foods would i be able to use?

carrots, tomatoes?

and for snacks or foods on the run what would you recommend? pistacchios ok? what else?

sorry to be so helpless, but i appreciate you taking the time out to respond and provide me with your advice.

THANK YOU 12WELVE.

I suggest using spinach, kale, and collard. You need dark leafy greens. The darker the leaf the more nutrients. ABG fairy has a post about green smoothies. Just search green smoothies at acne.org. I don't like the taste of carrots in my smoothie, I use frozen fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, mangos, and peaches. I also use fresh bananas and pears. It takes awhile to see what taste good but after you get it down you become addicted to these drinks. Just make sure you're putting a lot of green leafy vegetables in the smoothie. If you have any other questions feel free to ask

@sito please don't apologize about needing help! lol I was in your shoes not too long ago, and without other people helping me I would have gotten nowhere. Trust me, once you get this stuff down, and start feeling better and get your acne under control, you'll WANT to help people too!

what Dan B said about the darker greens is true. I just like to start off with the lighter greens and less of them to start because the darker stuff in high amounts can be a very displeasing to the taste buds at first which could lead to you stopping the green smoothies.

On to your questions...for breakfast, it's best to have fruits with high water content as our bodies are generally dehydrated after sleep. Watermelon (I usually have a whole one, but started off with just a half when I first started changing my diet), honey dews, or cantaloupes are best. 2nd best would be something like oranges or tangerines.

Try not to mix citrus with melon fruits as it can complicate digestion.

In fact, the best thing you can do is mono-meal (eat just one type of fruit for a whole meal).

As for the amount, just eat as much as you can.

For the smoothies, you can use tomatoes and carrots too...but carrots might be a bit too tough on the blender (I've never tried to blend them, but I run them through a juicer no problem). You can use any fruit or vegetable...they are all good for you. Choose the ones you like best. I'd try to eat fruit whole though and blend or juice the greens using watery fruits/vegetables to help the consistency.

For snacks, I think dried fruit is the best. Raisins, dates etc

Nuts and seeds are ok too, but try not too eat too many a day as they are very high in fat and if our diet is too high in fat (healthy fats or not) we block sugars from getting out of our bloodstream and into our cells which causes candida. A lot of people think it's fruit and sugar that cause candida and diabetes, but it's only when we have fat clogging up or blood.

If you're going to have cooked food or something other than fruits and vegetable, have it at the end of the day.

If you'd like, you can pm me and I can give you some free resources online to learn more about this stuff and send you ebooks (free) that go into more detail. I'm really passionate about this stuff and can talk all day about it so please don't feel like you're bothering me!

1ST & FOREMOST - Thank YOU Both, DAN B and 12WELVE.

your advice and willingness to help is very much APPRECIATED.

Dan B -in regards to the 50mg of Zinc you take, is that the amount you take daily or at various times during the day? i've also heard that zinc should be taken with food that allows the body to absorb it best, and not with inhibitors that make taking zinc less effective? what would those inhibitors be? would old-fashioned quaker oats and pasta be included in those inhibitors? and what are the best foods to accompany zinc absorption?

also thanks for putting me up on the green smoothie post by ABG. i will def. check it out.

12WELVE or Dan B - and this might sound stupid, but you guys are sure there is no wrong vegetable or fruit, right? i mean, one that would defeat the purpose because it's either too sweet or some other reason i might be ignorant to.

12WELVE - do you know any specific dried fruit products that would be good for snacks and food on the run? some that aren't too sugary or expensive altho that is not necessarily a problem.

and these green smoothies are best in the morning? at night? or it doesn't matter?

THANKS Again KIND FOLK.

A lot of foods inhibit zinc absorption such as cereal, coffee, caffeine drinks, dairy, and whole wheat to name a few. Oats should be fine but it depends on what kind of pasta you are eating. A lot of pasta is made with whole wheat.

I take 1 zinc supplement (50mg) daily, anything above a 100mg daily could be dangerous. Basically there is no bad fruit but make sure you buy either fresh or frozen. I drink my smoothie in the morning because it seems to eliminate my cravings for crap foods and I feel great the rest of the day

12WELVE - would you be willing to give a long list of things you would eat for breakfast, lunch, and diner?

i just wannat know what you are eating, so i can see what i can take from you and incorporate it into my own diet.

so avocado's and beans (black beans & red beans) are ok, or no?

thank you.