Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, guys

I was searching down the forum for alternative treatments for my severe/moderate acne on face and back. I have already found "the cure" for backne (it was folliculits, oh gosh.. If I only knew this forum back then!) but nothing seems to work on my face. I've already tried retinoids, antibiotics, antifungus and all the acids you can imagine in this 5 years fight against acne. I have it since I was 12!

So, I read many interesting posts about topical niacinamide and I decides to give it a try.

Ok, but I live in Brazil and the only thing I found similar to that is nicotinamide gel at 4%. We don't have a lot of options for treatments here. Either you use antibiotics and creams which work only for a while or you use isotretinoin. I don't wanna try isotretinoin by now

I know they're both types of Vitamin B3, but what's the difference between Niacinamide and Nicotinamide on topical treatment for acne?

Are they both good enough for treating acne and redness left by some of them?

Thanks in advance