Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arashyyy_88

Dark Brownish/Red Rough Lump under eye

Hey Guys,

I have been using Benzoyl peroxide 10% gel on my face and whilst I have been having luck with it, it has burnt me under my eye. At first I thought the bump was a pimple because it was red and inflammed like a mosquito bite (Maybe it was?) and had no head. I applied lots of BP 10% on it because I thought it was a pimple and I had an important occassion coming up. Anyways this was a week or 2 ago and now it is pretty much like a cigarette burn, rough lump that is reddish/brown.

I have stopped applying BP over the area over the last couple of days and have also switched my face wash to cetaphil. I have applied emu oil to the area last week for a few days but it was still there. Now over the last few days, I have been applying bio oil just to the place quite generously. I think it looks even more red now.

I reallllllllllllllllllllllllly need your help guys because the last thing I want now is a dark scar under my eye :( It is hard to explain what it is or looks like but it does feel rough and is a bump.

PLEASE any help would be greatly appreciated on what I should do. Should I continue to apply bio oil or maybe emu oil again or is there another product I can use?

Thanks guys and any recommendations or replies or response would be greatly appreciated. I will try and take a photo of it tomorrow sometime and post it up.

Cheers

Leave it alone, no harsh topical or cleanser, try not to think about it because if you don't, you'll be thinking about it and messing with it more.

If it is getter redder with oil applied, it could be a fungal/yeast problem, which means you should go to the doctor for an antifungal ointment. Does it itch? That could mean fungus/yeast problem. Strong antibiotic topicals such as bp can reduce all good bacteria on the skin and cause yeast problems which caused pimples, rashes. Try taking AZO yeast supplements otc at walgreens if you think this is the case too.