Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

i really need help

Guest Timehealsall

I dont know what to do. Acne and its effects has fucked me in the head. I have a final in 6 hours, and i havent studied shit.

I dont care about anything except my skin.

I have gone to 2 counselors, yet they could not help me.

What should i do? Am i mentally unstable?

i dont know what to do. This is driving me crazy. I literally get anxiety attacks when i think about my skin and how fucked up it is.

I need help, but i dont know what to do..

Hey man,

I don't really know what to say, except that you're not alone. I have a final tomorrow and one the next day after that, yet all I can think of most of the time are my red marks. It gets really tough, if I didn't have this issue I would be hittin' the books easily, but I find myself walking around my house, contemplating my situation over and over in my head.

Anyways, you're not alone

I dont know what to do. Acne and its effects has fucked me in the head. I have a final in 6 hours, and i havent studied shit.

i dont know what to do. This is driving me crazy. I literally get anxiety attacks when i think about my skin and how fucked up it is.

Go see a psychiatrist. When you see the bill they give you, you will be thinking more about the money you wasted than your skin lol. :)

Guest Timehealsall

Go see a psychiatrist. When you see the bill they give you, you will be thinking more about the money you wasted than your skin lol. :)

that wasent very helpful :(

Sounds like you have body dysmorphia about your acne. I think I've suffered from this in the past as well (although mine was not just skin, but also figure related).

I highly recommend rational emotive behavioral therapy. Going to a therapist is good, but you do the exercises yourself. You have recognize that stuff that happens in the world (i.e. your red marks, some mean person's comments about your skin) and your emotional reactions to said events are not over-determined, but you can control and recognized irrational thoughts and reactions. And train yourself to think otherwise. So if you look in the mirror and see red marks or active acne and think "Oh no, I look terrible. I am so ashamed. I look bad and everything is ruined," then you will recognize this as an irrational response. Practicing REBT means that when you see your acne, you will instead say/think to yourself, "I have acne. That's too bad, but luckily I am blessed in many ways and very attractive. This will heal and it will pass. Acne doesn't take away from who I am." See http://www.rebtnetwork.org/whatis.html. You can also find books and articles your local library.

Also, study for your finals! As a professor, I hate to see students self-sabotage their success.

Edited by Sooroo10

Guest Timehealsall

tbh, the red marks dont bother me. I know those go away. Its the fucking INDENTATIONS that pimples leave that have fucked me in the head. Those are permanent, and i dont know if there are any treatments out there that can treat indents. I dont care if i have pimples, AS LONG AS THEY DONT FUCKING SCAR.

sooroo10, i looked at your posts, and read your regimen. How is that working out for you? Which zinc do you take and is the acupuncturist stuff good? I might try some of those things...

Also, regarding aloe vera and tea tree oil, does that prevent acne from forming, similar to benzoyl peroxide?