Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As someone who suffers from unfortunate cystic acne, I've been reading advice on this website on and off for years. This is the first time I've had a cyst almost clear up this fast. I wanted to share this in case it could be of help to anyone!

Anyway after staying fairly clear besides regular pimples for like half a year (yay!) I just got a HUGE cyst on next to my nose over the weekend, the same place I've gotten really big ones for a while. While it looked like a smallish lump on my face, I could feel that there was a whole legion under my skin next to that that spread the size of almost a quarter.

After freaking out and crying a little (I think we all know what a drag these things are) I got my head together and made a plan. As someone who feels that certain foods are my trigger, I first decided to cut cheese(and most dairy- but I'm a veggie) and bread. Salad as a side to protein with at least two meals.

Then I remembered all those things I had tried before as anti-inflammatories. First on my list was garlic, a miracle herb. Ive been taking two garlic pills a day, and sometimes I'll cut up raw garlic to eat. Also, green tea reduces inflammation, I've been drinking one or two cups a day. Ibprophen, if you're comfortable taking that several times a day, works as well, I've taken a couple of those for a few days. I was told by a doctor to reduce inflammation you can take three at a time for a few days and be fine.

Besides that, internally I drank a bottle of kombucha (fermented tea) which is said to be an elixir of sorts so who knows what kind of magic things that did to me, haha. I know that it's full of all kinds of good probiotics and antioxidants.

Topically I've been applying tea tree oil straight on the legion (drying but what are ya gonna do), and this little sample of something my dermatologist gave me, desonate gel. But most of all, I've been religiously using sulfur. I looove the sulfur products in the Mario Badescu line. The drying mask is reasonably priced as you get a lot and it really lasts. I've been mixing a tad of this with my cetaphil moisturizer everyday (someone on here recommended to mix sulfur with your moisturizer thanks!) and at night doing spot treatment with the mask over the area.

I don't want to speak too soon but this has gone down so much that I'm almost tempted to cancel my emergency dermatologist appointment tomorrow. I felt this coming Sunday and caught it early I guess. I was thinking that I'd have to get a prescription of prednizone, which is what helped it go down last summer when this happened.

I'm just so excited yay! I dont know exactly what has been so effective out of all I've been doing but if anyone has good results trying any of this I'm glad. I have a feeling though that its chiefly the garlic and sulfur. My body is so full of the stuff that my pee smells like garlic. Sorry for the tmi, but if thats what it takes to heal a cyst I'm all for it.

Good luck to anyone who suffers from these things! I seriously feel your pain. Let me know if any of these things work for you.

Edited by artisdead

I use a sulfur ointment in the morning that I leave on for 10 minutes before I wash my face and then at night I use a sulfur mask for 10 minutes before I wash my face and my skin is almost clear. I only have like 2 active pimples.

I use a sulfur ointment in the morning that I leave on for 10 minutes before I wash my face and then at night I use a sulfur mask for 10 minutes before I wash my face and my skin is almost clear. I only have like 2 active pimples.

sulfur is the best!! it's the only topical treatment that really works for me. and it's natural :3

I never even knew about applying sulfur topically until reading it here on another post. I loove Sulfur! I think I works for me too, got rid of these massive huge cysts I had on my face. Thank you for writing this post. It's very helpful!

THANKS for SHARING KIND FOLK.

makes me happy to hear the good things on Sulfur, as that(sulfur ointment) is what i'm using at night right now. Should i use a sulfur soap in the morning or stick with the Dove soap bar for sensitive skin?

Now, can u please instruct me on how to save this thread so i don't lose it and the information it contains.

THANX AGAIN PEOPLE.

I've been taking a somewhat similar route recently. I get maybe 1 or 2 cysts/nodules a year, but when I do I find that epsom salt poultices flatten them out in a week or less. Epsom salt is really just crystalized magnesium sulfate (magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen). I leave the poultice on for 20 minutes two or three times a day, then spot treat with some BP. I noticed I had two nodules coming in around sunday, and since then the redness and inflammation has gone down pretty significantly.

wikipedia even lists this as one of epsom salt's uses:

"Magnesium sulfate paste has been used as an agent for dehydrating (drawing) boils, carbuncles, and abscesses.[15]

Magnesium sulfate solution has also been shown to be an effective aid in the fight against blemishes and acne when applied directly to problematic areas, usually in poultice form.[16] If combined with water and made into a cream, it can be applied to the face to remove blackheads."

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

Eech...you are a strong person to drink Kombucha. I've tried and tried, but it makes me feel as if I've died a bit inside.