Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rivercat

Steam facials and rosacea and facial redness

Hmmm, I can't think of any other way my cheeks have become so flushed and red looking all the time but that maybe giving my self steam facials every now and then has made them like this. I don't do it anymore, but I was doing it quite often like a few months back, and before then for maybe like a good year. I would say I'd give myself at least 5 a month. But looking back...I don't remember redness or flushing to EVER be a concern...just acne.

It sucks now, cause that's mainly what i worry about with my skin...the redness and texture. After any kind of sexual intercourse, my skin is ridiculously blotchy and flushed looking and I freaking hate that. After a meal of greasy or spicy food, badly flushed. Or even after a full day, by the time i'm home it looks flared up and oily.

So basically, does anyone think giving myself steam facials could've been what caused rosacea or even just the flushed and red look of my inner cheeks? I know that rosacea has something to do with your veins and capillaries, and hot water definitely will affect them. So anyway, thanks for some input in advance, I appreciate it.