Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sux0rz

indented scars, do you have any? + co2 lasers

hi i have co2 laser treatments every month or so for the past 6 months, i was wondering if anyone else does this and what works best for Indented scars? i had a tweezerman extractor tool and i went a little crazy and pressed way too hard on my skin, so there are indents in my skin and acne comes from around them, i have an appt. soon but i was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it. like indented scars, how to get rid of them? if lasers are the way to go. and if anyone has had a similar awful experience from using extractor tools too hard. thanks

edited for the word out of the title, must not have been co2 lasers, i think smoothbeam

I'm sure you're referring to an amateur laser, as Co2 is invasive and certainly cannot be done "every month." You have to wait almost a year for repeat treatments. You're prob. referring to Cooltouch or Smoothbeam. If you ask me, lasers should be burned.

I believe that my worst scars were caused by a dermatolagist who did exactly that. The tool is called a "loop" and it is not designed to be forced into the skin the way he did it. You apply a hot towel to a blackhead, rub it with alcohol, then gently press the loop until the blackhead comes out. As far as deep acne scars; (or those caused by deranged loop weilders) The only thing that lasers improve are the financial situations of doctors that use them and companies that sell them. bb_eusa_hand.gif I can't answer your first sentence since I have no idea what you asked since, like falnhart said, no doctor would do CO2 once a month. You wouldn't have any face left.

I had co2 laser done and it took MONTHS for my skin to get back to normal color. I was anesthetized, it cost $3,000 and it was extremely painful. It sounds like you're talking about a different laser.

Oh yeah I did that to my face a long time ago, used that on one side and left a bunch of superficial scars...luckily those scars aren't too deep and typically respond to light/mederate chemical peels...But one derm once dug out a cyst which she should have left alone...couldn't imagine it leaving a worse scar than it did...derms suck

Oh yeah I did that to my face a long time ago, used that on one side and left a bunch of superficial scars...luckily those scars aren't too deep and typically respond to light/mederate chemical peels...But one derm once dug out a cyst which she should have left alone...couldn't imagine it leaving a worse scar than it did...derms suck