Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smack'd

Please read if you've gone to doctors for acne!

Tomorrow I plan to go to the doctors for my acne. Will they give me anything that works? I hope they don't recommend I go to a dermatologist :| (My acne is pretty bad but NO where near severe..I only have it bad on my cheeks)

PS. Has anyone ever went to the doctors for their acne and did what they prescribed work?

Uhhhhhhhhh.. Thanks but you're kinda from Canada(where health care is free) so uh I think it might be a little different here in the states. Ya Knoe? :chuck:

I went to my general doctor for acne. He prescribed minocyclin too. It cleared things up, but as soon as I went off my acne came back. Minocyclin had crazy side effects for the first month too. I had some repeats left on the prescription so I tried to go back on it, but it makes me really dizzy and nauseous and I gave up on round 2 after a week. Also, it's pretty expensive if you don't have coverage. I think it was like $30 even with my 80% prescription coverage.