Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peruanofutbol14

LEMON JUICE!!!!!!!!

Ive been looking online and people post alot of different things about lemon juice..... What is the correct way to apply lemon juice to your face?? Wash with soap apply lemon juice wait 10 mins then moisturize?????? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!! is lemon juice affective on treating scars??

I reckon itworks ro calm angry spots down so after ive done my routine...cleanse tone moisturise i squeeze out the juice an dab it on my problem areas.

i just wash my face with dove beauty soap my doc. gave me and then put the lemon juice i didnt put my moisturizer on cause my face isnt dry i hope this works i basically only have scar bumps and like 2 or 3 whiteheads

I squirt some on a cotton ball or cotton cosmetic pad and rub it on my face after washing it. For me, it stings like crazy so I only leave it on for like 15-20 minutes and then I rinse it off and put on a light moisturizer. In other posts, there are a lot of people who put it on and night and then go to sleep. I get to itchy to do that, but since it doesn't do that for you, you could always try that to get maximum effects.

thanks for the advice . tomorrow morning ima wash my face n dap lemon juice on and then use some moisturizer after 15 mins since its freezing cold outside and i dont want my face to dry up

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

It helps to balance my skin after I cleanse. I then apply a little jojoba to any remaining dry areas.

I really like using lemon juice. What I do is at night I wash my face with my Cetaphil cleanser then apply lemon juice all over my face with a cotton ball. It doesn't sting me, it only itches a bit. Then after a couple of minutes I apply aloe vera gel mixed with a tiny bit of my Dove night cream. Aloe vera gel itself can be very useful with redness and scars. Hope that helps. (:

I dont use it all over, just dab it on my spots so it doesnt make my skin any worse. Not sure if you use it all over though.

Edited by JessyL

I can't add it to my face because it stings a bit, but I recently read on here (in the red marks message boads) to apply vinegar to your face at night after you've washed, but all day to be putting a tsp of lemon juice in your water. Apparently this combo has amazing effects. The people said it will take a few months, but is deifinitely worth it.

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FAQ-Post-...y-H-t35143.html

If you do decide to drink water with a spoon of lemon juice all day, PLEASE don't sip it slowly. You'll destroy your teeth. Drink it, wash your mouth out with water.. and move on with your day.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

ive allways wondered is it ok to leave lemon juice on skin just like that, raw and all over and overnight fe? :huh:

doesnt it dry out? make face red and irritated? bcs it sure stings as hell and it feels like its drying/irritating it but idk, tell pls!

i heard after dipping the cotton ball in the lemon apply sugar right on top of it ... i wonder if this will improve results?

I heard that applying the sugar aswell only serves as an exfoliation method to use from time to time.

my grandma is into all that natural cures and she just me made mix sugar honey n lemon and apply it to your face wait 20 mins and then wash it off with water and some tea thing called manzinlla i dont know how to spell it lol and now my face feels really soft and cleann