Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eazy^

accutane dosage & IB

what would be a low dosage of accutane but high enough to hopefully not have the acne come back later on after treatment? for a 145lbs person with mild/moderate sometimes severe acne. and are there any ways to prevent a initial break or atleast minimize it?

I would think 20 - 30 mg. Really there is no way to avoid the IB if it happens. You could try a gentle facial before week 2. What is under your skin is coming up - and fast. My hope for you is not to experience the IB, but personally if it's in the early stage, your skin needed to purge and you hadn't experienced clear skin yet anyways. It's worth it in the end. My IB held the Big Dipper on face . I hope this helps!

yea thats true hopefully ill be one of those lucky people to nit experience an IB. is it bad to take vitamin A 5,000 IU a day a month before starting Accutane?

yea thats true hopefully ill be one of those lucky people to nit experience an IB. is it bad to take vitamin A 5,000 IU a day a month before starting Accutane?

I know all the advice I read is to not dose up on Vitamin A, and not to even eat lots of vegetables that contain high Vitamin A (squash, carrots, yams, etc) while you're on Accutane. I don't know about before, but I'd be wary.

My derm told me he'd put me on a topical if I wanted one during treatment (obviously not Retin A or other drying topicals), so Differin seems like a fair attempt to avoid anything like an IB.