Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ivmi

How long has it take to see face clearing with Yasmin?

I just started my 3rd month, and I don't see any difference in my acne! as a matter of fact, in this 7 days pause i got one huge cyst...please tell me your experiences...Should i see the difference till now? Does it mean that it will not help my acne if it didn't help till now?

Edited by ivmi

I just started my 3rd month, and I don't see any difference in my acne! as a matter of fact, in this 7 days pause i got one huge cyst...please tell me your experiences...Should i see the difference till now? Does it mean that it will not help my acne if it didn't help till now?

It might just be taking you longer to get results. It can take 3-9 months to see results and this does require some patience. My dd saw results immediately and was clear in 4 months on Yasmin. BC pills do not provide one size fits all answers unfortunately.

People often see more breakouts within the first few months of starting a new birth control. Altering your hormones does that. Give your body time to adjust.

That being said,some people find that Yasmin isn't the birth control for them. I have even heard a few people report worsening of their acne in the long-run.

Every person is going to respond a bit different.It's trial and error.

I took the generic of Yasmin and saw no benefit or worsening,but I was only on it for a few months.