Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brea163

Moisturizers that won't burn/sting with the bp?

I have been on dans bp since May of this year and i was using his moisturizer but it was burning terribly and was quite pricey for me so i switched to cetaphil moisturizer this past month and i'm experiencing the same burning sensation :wall: . Is there any moisturizer that won't sting like this after bp application? Drugstore brands preferably? (I do add a few drops of jojoba oil with the moisturizer by the way) Any help/suggestions are appreciated. :angel:

I was using Pond's cold creme and that was burning too! Not just burning, but my skin is now covered with scab-like layer of dead skin :( As far as i experienced, jojoba oil is the only thing that doesn't hurt when applied over BP. It's interesting how BP itself doesn't hurt but BP+moisturizer hurts like HELL!

Looking forward to the answers!

In my experience, all the moisturizer's I've used have stung a bit... except for jojoba, as was mentioned above.

I haven't used that many, but here are the ones:

Dan's original moisturizer

Dan's new moisturizer

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion

The last one I have found to work the best, and it stings less than Dan's stuff.

I've been using jojoba oil as my moisturizer for a week now and i haven't gotten any breakouts from it but i was wondering does it interfere with the bp and make it not work as well? also does it have any long term effects since it is an oil? :think:

I've been using A LOT OF jojoba oil on my face and never seen any side-effects. It doesn't do an awesome job moisturizing but it's also not causing any problems (so many people here use it). It's not actually an oil, technically it's a wax as far as i know.

i dunno if this won't sting for you, but it doesn't for me .. i use trader joe's moisturizing cream along with some of dan's bp. waiting a few minutes after applying BP really makes a difference for me.

I've been using A LOT OF jojoba oil on my face and never seen any side-effects. It doesn't do an awesome job moisturizing but it's also not causing any problems (so many people here use it). It's not actually an oil, technically it's a wax as far as i know.

I've been using alot of jojoba oil also, but do you know if it effects the bp any?