Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenniferann

... it's back. Accutance success rate?

I was on 40mg of accutane a couple years ago. Prior to accutance my derm prescribed a bunch of different pills and creams that I was non responsive to. Finally as a last resort I was put on Accutane. I had a great experience with Accutane. My only side effects were dry lips and the occasional nose bleed. Also, it healed my skin COMPLETELY. Like no zits whatsoever, I would go for months without a zit and if i got a zit it was no more than 2 at a time. But it's been a year and a half and my acne has come back, but it's mild. I'm going to go see my derm again and hope that he can get these minor breakouts under control. Did anyone else have a similar experiece? How long was it after accutane did you start breaking out? And if you went on a second course of tane, how did it go?

I mostly depends on the persons age, like if they took it around puberty it has more of a chance of coming back than someone in their mid late 20's, and if you hit your cumulative dose helps also.

Also search for second course