Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissTerica

DRINKING LOTS OF WATER AND EATING HEALTHY

ok so me and my brother both have moderate acne we break out everywhere on our face forhead chin and cheeks chest and back...like it really sucks! ppl always tell me that i need to drink more water and eat healthier it will clear up my skin..i thnk thats BS my brother drinks only water and he eats healthy and hardly ever eats fast food...so why isnt his skin clearer than mine? the only reason why mine looks worse is because im brighter if he was my skin tone everyone would b able to see his to....so honestly i dont think water has anything to do with clearer skin

Perhaps you both being in the same family had taken anti biotics at one point, and gotten a candida yeast overgrowth?. And if your dirnking tap water and not distiled or RO filted, you are only makign the problem worse Imo.

Honesty, everyone is different, even people who share similar genes. You don't know if your brother's acne could be worse if he didn't eat healthy. His diet probably helps with his over all health, but there may be different issues at play. Just because your skin is similar and you eat a more standard American diet, doesn't mean that your health is better. Just as one beer can make my poor mum pass out from the alcohol and my 250lbs brother barely even blink, different things effect people differently. It's not a very good argument to say based on your brother's situation alone that acne and diet have no relationship.

ok so me and my brother both have moderate acne we break out everywhere on our face forhead chin and cheeks chest and back...like it really sucks! ppl always tell me that i need to drink more water and eat healthier it will clear up my skin..i thnk thats BS my brother drinks only water and he eats healthy and hardly ever eats fast food...so why isnt his skin clearer than mine? the only reason why mine looks worse is because im brighter if he was my skin tone everyone would b able to see his to....so honestly i dont think water has anything to do with clearer skin

"Eating healthy" is such an ambiguous statement.. as everybody will respond differently, and starting a topic that says eating healthy doesn't work is hugely ignorant, so maybe don't jump to conclusions because alot of members here have gotten clear from diet. Since you obviously have read every single thread on this forum I will ask you if you've considered these things:

Intolerance to:

Gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, citrus, nightshades and any other foods

Too much omega 6

Oxidative stress

Not enough sleep

Negative attitude

Not enough fibre

Candida overgrowth

Harsh facewash

Improper digestion

Leaky gut

If you've considered every single one of these things then I feel terrible sorry for you and apologise for being harsh, but if not then maybe you have some reading to do.

What would be helpful is if you post a list of the foods/frequency/amount you eat and let the board take a look.

And please, once again, don't jump to conclusions based on your "I'm eating healthy" presumption, because it can discourage others on this board.

Here is a great place to start.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html

Cheers

Edited by Lima

Perhaps you both being in the same family had taken anti biotics at one point, and gotten a candida yeast overgrowth?. And if your dirnking tap water and not distiled or RO filted, you are only makign the problem worse Imo.

yea lol my bro drinks bottled water all the time, we hardly drink the water out the sink but thank u

getting rid of acne takes a little more than just eating healthy for a little while. Imagine you ate like crap all the way up until you became a teenager (14-15), then you start developing acne. Eating healthy for 1 year is not going to compensate for those 14-15 years of eating like crap with tons of fried foods, sugar, candies, sodas, and chemically modified foods. It takes time and plenty of it, it also depends on your body, and what problems you may have wrong with you internally like clogged up liver, candida, leaky gut etc. I started eating healthy about three years ago and I still get acne, even though it is very mild and doesnt bother me nearly as much anymore, I can tell that living a more healthy lifestyle has definetly improved my skin. Remember that you have to be patient, if u want your acne to disappear quickly, take accutane. If you dont want to take it, then deal with the holistic approach because thats the way it is.

Edited by Stavs16

I think we're all wasting our time - this girl just wants a quick fix and i don't think she can ever be fucked reading up about anything.

It can take years of having a VERY strict and healthy lifestyle before you get rid of acne. Its different for everyone.

Im also pretty suspicious of what you think 'healthy' means.

THANK U TO THE FEW WHO ACTUALLY HAD SOMETHING WORTH MY TIME OF READING.

TO THE REST OF U UR WASITNG MY TIME IDC WHAT U HAVE TO SAY IF ITS NEGATIVE I JUST SAID WHAT I FELT AND IF U DIDNT LIKE IT WHY DID UR DUMBASS COMMENT ON MY POST?? ANYWAY THIS SHIT AINT UP FOR DISCUSSION NO MORE

Long-term it will work. Trust me. When you hit your 20's people will think you are still a teenager. Eating healthy pays off long-term. I did that for years and now people still think I'm an intern at work even though I'm approaching 30 lol.

TO THE REST OF U UR WASITNG MY TIME IDC WHAT U HAVE TO SAY IF ITS NEGATIVE I JUST SAID WHAT I FELT AND IF U DIDNT LIKE IT WHY DID UR DUMBASS COMMENT ON MY POST?? ANYWAY THIS SHIT AINT UP FOR DISCUSSION NO MORE

Ugh... people, why are we being so mean to her?? She's obviously newer to this part of acne.org so we need to be nice and help her.

Terica... basically we just wanted to know what you consider a healthy diet. Because a lot of people think that they are eating healthy but they arent... you could have food sensitivities that youd ont kow are breaking you out. There are some people on here who cant eat specific foods because they will break out.... while others CAN eat those foods and not break out.

The first thing you should do is cut out dairy and gluten sicne they seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to acne. Cut them out for at least a month to see what happens. Then you can go from there :).

Good luck to you and your brother!

yea lol my bro drinks bottled water all the time, we hardly drink the water out the sink but thank u

So he consumes lots of hormone disrupters from the plastics. There's a contributor. Get a filter for your tap and drink/eat only out of glass, stainless steel and ceramics.

And as other people said, maybe his skin would be worse if he didn't eat as healthy as he does. Which may not be all that healthy. It's not just junk food. Many foods in the typical American diet are extremely unhealthy, even though most people don't consider them to be junk. Few people have a clue what a healthy diet is.

A truly healthy diet consists of real, whole nutrient dense foods such as meat, fish, vegetables, fruits herbs and spices and very little refined grain products and sugars. Prepared in a way that doesn't destroy nutrients. And in meals/drinks/snacks that do not have a high glycemic impact.

Also, there's all kinds of give and take going on in your body. It can deal with a certain amount of crap, but diets today are just too much crap. Your diet and lifestyle can be screwing up hormones, impairing the liver's ability to remove excess hormones, increasing inflammation, causing food intolerances, etc. Also, everyone's body does different things with the few resources it has. Not everyone shows the same symptoms.

See the Good Thinks link in my signature for more info.

And if your dirnking tap water and not distiled or RO filted, you are only makign the problem worse Imo.

Wow thats complete BS right there. Tap water isnt that bad as people say it is. Besides it depends per place you live and you cant say it like that. Second distiled in combination with low salt intake (like paleo) will make your blood cells blow up. Because distiled water depletes salt from your body. In that way your salt levels can get extremely and dangerously low.

Edit: Not to mention the calcium you wont get (and other minerals)

Edited by joris

And if your dirnking tap water and not distiled or RO filted, you are only makign the problem worse Imo.

Wow thats complete BS right there. Tap water isnt that bad as people say it is. Besides it depends per place you live and you cant say it like that. Second distiled in combination with low salt intake (like paleo) will make your blood cells blow up. Because distiled water depletes salt from your body. In that way your salt levels can get extremely and dangerously low.

Agree. I drink tap water all the time. Most pro bodybuilders do too. When they mix their supplements up, they just turn the sink on and pour water from there.

When you say "healthy" can you be more specific. ^_^;;

Agree. I drink tap water all the time. Most pro bodybuilders do too. When they mix their supplements up, they just turn the sink on and pour water from there.

How do you know if most pro body builders drink tap water...

Also, you guys need to research the disgusting crap that's in tap water, for real. Also, flouride in tap water is neurodisruptive and actually accumulates in your brain (RESEARCH IT!), which is actually scientifically proven, and is why many new parents and adults turn down flouride treatment at the dentist. They don't make tap water filters for no reason..! There are also new studies that show over 2100 known toxins in tap water. Studies have found antibiotics, homones, painkillers, and dozens of other drugs in public drinking water. Pesticides, fungacides, and herbacides are also almost always present in tap water.

Research anything I just wrote, and look for actual journals, there are studies with actual ppm for various disgusting things in tap water.

Spring water ftw.

Edited by smartie

Also, you guys need to research the disgusting crap that's in tap water, for real. Also, flouride in tap wateris neurodisruptive and accumulates in your brain, which is actually scientifically proven, and is why many new parents as well as adults alike turn down flouride treatment at the dentist. They also don't make tap water filters for no reason. There are also new studies that show over 2100 known toxins in tap water. Studies have also found Scientists have found antibiotics, homones, painkillers, and dozens of other drugs in public drinking water. Pesticides, fungacides, and herbacides are also almost always present in tap water.

Research.

Spring water ftw.

Well I already beat cancer once. I will beat it again! muhahahahhahah!!! Tap water forever!!!!

Drink some malt liquor instead... you'd have no problem getting some St. Ides

post-136122-1291761291_thumb.jpg

post-136122-1291761291_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mirrfiak

Ugh... people, why are we being so mean to her?? She's obviously newer to this part of acne.org so we need to be nice and help her.

Terica... basically we just wanted to know what you consider a healthy diet. Because a lot of people think that they are eating healthy but they arent... you could have food sensitivities that youd ont kow are breaking you out. There are some people on here who cant eat specific foods because they will break out.... while others CAN eat those foods and not break out.

The first thing you should do is cut out dairy and gluten sicne they seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to acne. Cut them out for at least a month to see what happens. Then you can go from there :).

Good luck to you and your brother!

Hmm... I don't think I'm being mean when I disagree with her logic. Most people are respectful. I do see a few posts that are dismissive, but the OP herself started a message with a dismissive statement, not a question. It's not terribly surprising that some folks are responding in kind. OP, we'd all like to know what you mean by healthy so we can figure out what's going on. Saying things like "This discussion is over" is not how we learn things.

LOL.

That is all.

Also, you guys need to research the disgusting crap that's in tap water, for real. Also, flouride in tap water is neurodisruptive and actually accumulates in your brain (RESEARCH IT!), which is actually scientifically proven, and is why many new parents and adults turn down flouride treatment at the dentist. They don't make tap water filters for no reason..! There are also new studies that show over 2100 known toxins in tap water. Studies have found antibiotics, homones, painkillers, and dozens of other drugs in public drinking water. Pesticides, fungacides, and herbacides are also almost always present in tap water.

Research anything I just wrote, and look for actual journals, there are studies with actual ppm for various disgusting things in tap water.

Spring water ftw.

Fluoridation is regional. It doesnt happen in most of Europe. Also the amounts are small. Very small. It could better not be in the water indeed, but it isnt like its killing you. If I were in america I would probably buy a filter for this, depending on the cost. I guess European tap water is just better than American tap water. As far as I know the tap water here is ofter better than bottled water.

You shouldnt drink any far away foreign water. You wont be used to the bacteria in it right?