Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tv_viewer

Post-Accutane Skin Care

I finished my second course of Accutane in May.

Ever since my skin has been so dry and I've yet to be able to combat it. My skin was never like this after my first course.

Could anyone please recommend any skin care or makeup I can use? I'm moisturising like crazy and am washing my face with a soap free cleanser.

Is it just your face that is dry or your whole body???? What moisturizers have you tried? (aquaphor etc...) Could it possibly be eczema??? I know when living in Michigan after taking Accutane winters were esspecially harsher on my skin then before accutane.

One must remember though your 1st course was fine, it doesn't mean the 2nd,3rd etc would be the same.

Hot water makes it worse, try and limit the amount of acidic drinks, food etc, There might be advice on makeup and moisturizers in the cosmetics and style section

Edited by oli girl

Is it just your face that is dry or your whole body???? What moisturizers have you tried? (aquaphor etc...) Could it possibly be eczema??? I know when living in Michigan after taking Accutane winters were esspecially harsher on my skin then before accutane.

One must remember though your 1st course was fine, it doesn't mean the 2nd,3rd etc would be the same.

Hot water makes it worse, try and limit the amount of acidic drinks, food etc, There might be advice on makeup and moisturizers in the cosmetics and style section

It's just my face. It's definately not eczema because my skin isn't red or flakey, it just looks dull (and old, I'm 24!) and feels tight. I don't even need lotion on my body. I've been using a Canadian brand moisturiser (Marcelle) that's meant for really dry skin.

This will be the best advice you will ever get and here it is use this

Almond Oil

after washing your face in the shower with wet hands smear this on and then you can rinse but don't wash it off with soap!

I do it at the end and lightly pat dry with a towel. You could avoid cheek bones and your forehead to avoid the shine but if you use it every night and smear it all over then your whole face should be good. At night obviously you can just mix it with lotion or whatever right after the shower.

Safflower oil is also your friend right and Dr. Oz has talked about it for skincare and wrinkle prevention etc. and NO they will NOT clog pores.

Edited by Arbiter

I would recommend Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate, it's a blend of oils and has been beneficial for me. The Liz Earle range also do a Superkin moisturiser but if your budget doesn't stretch to it I could also recommend natural vitamin E cream which can be purchased at health shops.