Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvskincare13

Great.. I have noticable jaw line scarring too

I know I have like 5 chins. Try not to pay attention to that. I am working on losing weight!

I am trying to find peace within myself but sometimes this is just too much. Last night I was watching the series on tv The Walking Dead. Anyone watch? I noticed the the Dr and noticable scarring along his jawline and I knowing that I had some scarring along my jaw wondered if my scarring was as noticable too. Not paying too much attention to it because its hard for me to see in mirrors I decided to take some photos to see what it actually looked like:(

I feel like giving up. My entire face practically has scarring of some kind all over it. This just sucks so bad.

Is this the classic rolling scars typically seen on the jaw line from acne suffers? Like Noah Emmerich.

Thank you for really being observant. I do have alot of hypopigmentation and alot of hyperpigmentation so mixed in together and its noticable. I am just thinking that these scars might be kinda deep or at least noticable. I am so hoping that losing weight will hide these scars but if not I wonder if fillers would help at all.

I cannot tell if they are as noticable/ deep or more shallow like the girls.

Look like what? If youre saying it's noticable then what are you expecting? Flawless skin? Your skin is pretty much flawless in the whole scheme of acne and acne scarring. it's all relative is what I hear all the time but for you to say you feel like giving up? Giving up on what? Achieving flawless skin?

You don't even have moderate scarring so i think youre very lucky.

So this is the place where I can vent and mope about acne scarring and no one knows me. Secondly, I think because I have so much scarring I would consider it to be more on the moderate side.

I really dont want to have scarring as noticable as this actor but if I do then I do. Theres not alot I can do about it. I just wanted some insight because I can skew things. I just wanted to know if the comparsion was accurate.

What I meant about giving up is just forgeting that I could do anything that would make my skin look better to me.

Guest Timehealsall
So this is the place where I can vent and mope about acne scarring and no one knows me. Secondly, I think because I have so much scarring I would consider it to be more on the moderate side.

I really dont want to have scarring as noticable as this actor but if I do then I do. Theres not alot I can do about it. I just wanted some insight because I can skew things. I just wanted to know if the comparsion was accurate.

What I meant about giving up is just forgeting that I could do anything that would make my skin look better to me.

jackieyy, sorry to hijack this thread, but did you ever take accutane or anything? Do all your zits leave you with scars? Or only the zits that you pop or squeeze?

one thing i would tell you is do anything but never go for any treatment in desperation, as most of the treatment out there have very mild/moderate results compared to placebo.

when the risks are high and gain in promise is too low then i know what i will do,be very very conservative with options.

venting and moping about your skin will only make you more pressurised to fix it, that's when it can lead you to move on to desperate solutions which are more likely to produce side effect then actually fix it.

everything is possible,there is hope but just dont let anybody(including yourself) experiment on your skin,

lastly you can always use concealer till the time you find a safe and effective solution,take your time!

Guest Timehealsall

jackiey, my inbox isnt full anymore

Thank Jay jay

I am sure I was being a little dramatic when I wrote this post. I cannot complain to my family or friends so the only outlet I have is with you guys. Family/friends either tell me its not noticable or they dont get it.

I would never rush into anything. Dont have money to waste:)

Guest Timehealsall
Thank Jay jay

I am sure I was being a little dramatic when I wrote this post. I cannot complain to my family or friends so the only outlet I have is with you guys. Family/friends either tell me its not noticable or they dont get it.

i still dont get how people, who dont suffer from acne, cant tell if a person has scars. I mean, shouldnt it be obvious??

if they havent suffered from it they will never understand how it feels like,to them its natural for some to have scars lol!

Guest Timehealsall
Thank Jay jay

i still dont get how people, who dont suffer from acne, cant tell if a person has scars. I mean, shouldnt it be obvious??

most people who dont have scars cant tell i have them...they think it comes down to a bad skin texture and a need to drink more water.

other people and myself who see others with scars, we hone in on and give eachother sympathetic stares :)

i know seriously. They think, its just the topicals making my skin look bad. once the acne goes away, ill have flawless skin.. LMFAO.

I dont know if my family/friends are really being honest with me or not. They may see them and just are unwilling to tell me. I never noticed I had these scars though until my boyfriend pointed them out to me. I guess I never noticed them because I never really had bad acne so I was never searching for scarring. Now when I look in the mirror its all I see:(

Guest Timehealsall
I dont know if my family/friends are really being honest with me or not. They may see them and just are unwilling to tell me. I never noticed I had these scars though until my boyfriend pointed them out to me. I guess I never noticed them because I never really had bad acne so I was never searching for scarring. Now when I look in the mirror its all I see:(

ultimately jackiey, i think you are overanalysing your skin and wasting your life away *and i say this because i care*

you can hone in endlessly on each and every one of your flaws and while you do that, you will simply get older and older and have a whole lot of new things to worry about.

you've been on these boards for a while, done a lot of research and gone for some of the best treatments known to scar sufferers. there needs to be a point though, when you need to say enough is enough...you've put too much of your time and other resources into something where you probably wont get that much more back...at least in the scheme of things.

i recommend you go out and live your life and be the kinda person you've always wanted to be. if you continue, i fear you will look back at all of this and simply regret it.

man reading this depresses me. If someone like jackiey, compared to most on this board, scarring is minimal, yet she cannot fix it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

Scar treatments blow..