Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

apple cider vinegar dilates pores?

Guest Timehealsall

I have gotten several new dilated pores on my nose, and i do not know why. But now that i look back at it, i remember using apple cider vinegar (with mother) on my nose (100 percent, but i got no burning,redness, or any irritation when i used it). And then i noticed these dilated pores afterwards. Is it possible that maybe apple cider vinegar could have caused some of my pores to dilate?

Guest Timehealsall

So i was wondering if there is anything you can apply on the pimple when it is close to going away to prevent scarring? One user recommended trying MSM lotion.

Any ideas?

Not everything goes under the acne.org regimen. Please read the forum descriptions and headings before posting. Moved to scar treatments.

Guest Timehealsall

Obviously, the best way to prevent scars is to prevent new pimples from forming. But this is very difficult for most of us.

MY question is, in your guys opinions, what is the best way to prevent a pimple from scarring? What products should i use on it?

Also, i get a lot of small bumps on my forehead, and whenever i use cleanser, i have to kinda go over these bumps with my fingers. Should i just stop touching the bumps altogether? Can this cause scarring?

So far, from what i have researched, MSM lotion is good for preventing scarring.

Also, in your guys opinions, has a pimple of yours, or small bump ever scarred due to you rubbing it, or touching it a lot?

NOT EVERYTHING GOES IN THIS FORUM. Moved from acne.org regimen to scar treatments AND merged with pre-existing almost identical topic......

So i was wondering if there is anything you can apply on the pimple when it is close to going away to prevent scarring? One user recommended trying MSM lotion.

Any ideas?

try some hyaluronic acid serum, vitamin c serum, hyaluronic pills, vitamin c ascorbyl palmitate pills, licithin, zinc and eat right with plenty of sleep. Do that for a year and see what it looks like.

Guest Timehealsall

the only thing i do from that list is take zinc, calcium supplements, eat pretty healthy, and sleep okay (7-8 hours a day).

Thats quite a list of items. Will any of these things give me initial breakouts?

Vit e cream/oil. I have only just started trying it for my old acne scars/red marks but have used it for a surgical scar before. After 6 months its just a white line that no-one hardly notices (which is great since it runs about 10+cm up the front of my calf).

Its only been 3 days on my face but I think they are a little better - but then it could just be my imagination. I should really take photos to compare!

Guest Timehealsall

ermm.. redmarks does not = scarring.

Talking about preventing pitted scarring....

the only thing i do from that list is take zinc, calcium supplements, eat pretty healthy, and sleep okay (7-8 hours a day).

Thats quite a list of items. Will any of these things give me initial breakouts?

I really couldn't say. Everybody's body is different. I would at least give the topicals a try though. If I had know about these kinda things back when I was a teenager, i don't think my scarring would be bad as it is right now. People nowadays are very lucky to have a good support site like this.

Guest Timehealsall

imo the luck factor is bogus. Sure, people are lucky to have websites like this, but how many people actually use these sources? How many people can actually afford dermatologists?

Regarding the scarring, you told me to try the topicals. My question is, since i am on the acne.org regimen, would i apply the topicals right after the regimen?

Would the topicals work to prevent acne? How do these topicals exactly work? Would i apply it on a pimple that has flatteneted, or do i apply it on a pimple that has just formed?

Guest Timehealsall

i was wondering, but how effective are serums such as vitamin c serum, and hyaluronic serum in preventing pitted scarring?

Would i apply these serums directly on active pimple lesions, or would i apply it after the pimple has died down?

would it be effective to use such serums with a regimen that consists of benzoyl peroxide?

thanks..

LMAO your retared timeheals all

Leave the lad alone. He's obviously really down about his acne, theres no need for that.

Oh and p.s...if youre going to call someone retarded, at least spell it right ay.

:eh: Is this for me? I was talking about pitted scarring as well . My surgical scar healed very nicely with vit e - you wanted to know what would reduce scarring from a new wound, not what would get rid of established scars. I havent broken out in ages so I can't try it on new acne.

And I have enough of both to know the difference.

imo the luck factor is bogus. Sure, people are lucky to have websites like this, but how many people actually use these sources? How many people can actually afford dermatologists?

Regarding the scarring, you told me to try the topicals. My question is, since i am on the acne.org regimen, would i apply the topicals right after the regimen?

Would the topicals work to prevent acne? How do these topicals exactly work? Would i apply it on a pimple that has flatteneted, or do i apply it on a pimple that has just formed?

I use HA and Benzoyl peroxide for pimples that are formed and then when it subsides, use HA on the marks in the morning and Vit C serum at night for about a year.

That being said, you might want to use HA overall for your skin b/c it's supposed to strengthen it anyways.

hope this helps.

Guest Timehealsall

:eh: Is this for me? I was talking about pitted scarring as well . My surgical scar healed very nicely with vit e - you wanted to know what would reduce scarring from a new wound, not what would get rid of established scars. I havent broken out in ages so I can't try it on new acne.

ic. thanks for the input.

Just curious, how did you stop your acne?

and does a pimple count as a new wound? i am not talking about popped pimples or anything, just pimples that have flattened from benzoyl peroxide.

Guest Timehealsall

I use HA and Benzoyl peroxide for pimples that are formed and then when it subsides, use HA on the marks in the morning and Vit C serum at night for about a year.

That being said, you might want to use HA overall for your skin b/c it's supposed to strengthen it anyways.

hope this helps.

Can i still use the HA on the marks that are a 4-6 months old? ALso, regarding the HA, any specific brands you would recommend me?

What about the vitamin c serum, any specific brands you would reccomend me?

Last but not least, how long does it usually take for your pimples to become pitted? Lets say your pimple dies down today, will it go pitted like in a week usually or what?

One last thing, have you heard about this gel called kelo-cote? Do you think i could use that on pimples that have died down to prevent the pimples from getting pitted?

You ask too many questions whose answers are readily available on the boards and through a little simple looking. RESEARCH. Use google. Use the search function on these boards.

I'd also strongly suggest that you get some fun hobbies so that you won't obsess over your skin so much. You'll feel better and be less obsessed and much more happy.

http://www.google.com/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/search.html

Guest Timehealsall

thanks for the advice. Hows it going for you btw? You get that job you wanted?

Does anything help other than preventing acne?

I mean, what the hell.. even small ass pimples or small bumps/clogs/sebum plugs seem to be leaving small scars..

ic. thanks for the input.

Just curious, how did you stop your acne?

and does a pimple count as a new wound? i am not talking about popped pimples or anything, just pimples that have flattened from benzoyl peroxide.

The pill + differin stopped my acne.

I figured pimple is basically an infected pore so it would count as a wound. And they don't just flattern really, more dry up and fall on right? On a side note I swear I got all my scarring from using benzoyl peroxide. My skin was at its worse when I was using that stuff.

Guest Timehealsall

What has a higher chance of leaving a noticeable scar on average, an injury or cut to the face (a decent sized, kind of deep cut), or a moderately big pustule?

It seems like if i get cuts on my face, no matter the size or how deep they are, they dont really liave scars, and if they do, they are barely indented. Pimples on the other hand leave worse scars. what the fuck is wrong with this?

why cant our bodies heal itself? stupid ass fucking body.

Obviously, the best way to prevent scars is to prevent new pimples from forming. But this is very difficult for most of us.

MY question is, in your guys opinions, what is the best way to prevent a pimple from scarring? What products should i use on it?

Also, i get a lot of small bumps on my forehead, and whenever i use cleanser, i have to kinda go over these bumps with my fingers. Should i just stop touching the bumps altogether? Can this cause scarring?

So far, from what i have researched, MSM lotion is good for preventing scarring.

Also, in your guys opinions, has a pimple of yours, or small bump ever scarred due to you rubbing it, or touching it a lot?

Hi there -

Outside of your daily regime - hands off your face! Try to touch your face as little as possible throughout the day. Your hands pick up all kinds of bacteria and if you use hair products that are at all oily or sticky you can be sure you are touching your hair and then touching your face - which can really irritate a breakout. Make sure you are using clean towels, clean pillowcases.

I use a gel called Bionect - it is used to promote healing for cuts, abrasions and burns etc..but I use it on bumps when they are in the healing stage. I think it helps.

Guest Timehealsall

i dont use any hair products, and i never EVER touch my face or pick at it.

The only thing i do is wash my face with a cleanser, and when i get a lot of dead skin on my face, i rub it off (a little bit stronger than how dan applies benzoyl peroxide).

Guest Timehealsall
thanks for the advice. Hows it going for you btw? You get that job you wanted?

Does anything help other than preventing acne?

I mean, what the hell.. even small ass pimples or small bumps/clogs/sebum plugs seem to be leaving small scars..

hello timehealsall,

long time no chat right. nah, i never went for the interview. i applied for another job an then let them down gently..right now still looking, but there doesnt seem like a lot about...its been a downward spiral of depression, plastic surgeons, suicide thoughts, antdepressants and psychologists. lol this forum seems like such a world away now!

in terms of the acne, the acne shouldnt be scarring, unless its severe cystic acne or you've been picking. if you've done neither, they might just be large pores and a lot of people have them. as for stopping the acne in the first place, thats usually the best bet.

if you are still breaking out a lot on BP, take it as sign you might need to try something else :)

the BP is very strange for me, it keeps some areas clear, other areas it does not.

I am not sure if i am getting scars from some of my pimples, or if the mirror/lighting reflection is playing tricks on me. I have a ton of dead skin on areas of my face (like my forehead), and in some areas where i had pimples, i see small holes or icepicks on top, but i am not sure if these are real scars, or if its the dead skin shiny material that makes it look like a scar.

I mean, all i fucking did was rub dead skin off my face, no bleeding occured, no pimples really popped (just some sebum plugs, or clogs or whatever peeled off, but i was gentle, just a tad bit stronger than how dan applies benzoyl peroxide).

Its depressing me.