Notifications
Clear all

waiting a month for accutane?

MemberMember
(@black13)

Posted : 12/06/2010 3:53 pm

had to make my appointment for jan 3rd since my insurance doesnt kick in until jan 1. Has Anyone started accutane soon after their first appointment or does Everyone have to wait a full month for IPLEDGE? my bday is in feburary and i dont want to have an initial brakout for it.

MemberMember
(@black13)

Posted : 12/08/2010 4:54 pm

if anyone else wants to know about it i have heard if your a male you do not have to wait the 30 days but if your a female you do.

MemberMember
(@sid-s)

Posted : 12/08/2010 5:52 pm

I saw my derm today and he gave me the ipledge packet.

He never said anything about 30 days.

He just said for me to go to the lab to get the blood test, and then come back to him, and I think I'll get the prescription then.

The lab results should get to him by friday or monday, if I take the test to tomorrow (thursday).

Though I haven't read the ipledge packet yet so I'm not sure about this. I'll know when I see him next. Hopefully I don't have to wait freaking 30 days, that would be the worst...

MemberMember
(@beastar540)

Posted : 12/13/2010 8:50 pm

If you're a girl you have to wait at least a month for accutane after your first bloodwork & filling out the ipledge program paperwork. My derm said I had to wait 30 days and then my next period before I could even make an appointment. Then I have to pee on a stick while I'm bleeding before they'll give me my first perscription. Kinda sucks being a girl.

Iziziz liked
MemberMember
(@iziziz)

Posted : 01/30/2019 6:47 pm

Ugh :/ tru that