Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After 4 years I have finally bit the bullet and gone to see my doctor who said I had severe acne, probably the worst case he has ever seen - this didnt do a great deal for my already low confidence levels!

He presribed me Lymecycline to try for 3 months and if hadst cleared it up by 50% he is going to refer me to a dermatologist. Whats everyones thoughts on Lymecycline?

I also have booked an appointment at a Harley St clinic to look in to acne treatments, do you think I should cancel and wait and see how I get on with my antibiotics and/or see the NHS dermatologist?

i've been on Lymecycline for months and although i've seen improvement this is more likely to be because of changes i've made to my regimen rather than being on Lymecycline.

i was on it for one course but didn't see much of an improvement, but then again nothing worked for me. everyone's different and maybe it will work for you :)

I've been on Tetracycline, Erythromine, Doxycycline and Lymecycline (current) and so far Lymecycline has been the worst of the 4. All the others cleared me within a week or 2 but Lymecycline doesn't seem to be working. :boohoo:

Make sure you try lots of other methods and things you can do to help before, plenty are on this website. very helpful and you will save money!

Trust me, I have tried pretty much everything!!

My skin doesnt seem to look as 'angry' today, without make up, it still looks really bad but with my make up on you would never tell I had such bad acne... thank the lord for Estee Lauder!!

On 06/12/2010 at 5:07 PM, LikeRaindrops said:

i've been on Lymecycline for months and although i've seen improvement this is more likely to be because of changes i've made to my regimen rather than being on Lymecycline.

as anyone had boarderline liver function tests whilst been on these