Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helathy2BLiving

adult acne???

hey mates!!!

whats up? I am literally confused about what is the adult acne....is there any difference between adult acne and young acne? if any one could assist me on this please..

hey mates!!!

whats up? I am literally confused about what is the adult acne....is there any difference between adult acne and young acne? if any one could assist me on this please..

Hey there! Acne is not age specific, so it can occur at all stages of a persons life whether as a teen, or as an adult. Although there are different types of acne, adult acne is the same as teenage/adolescent acne. The only real difference might be the cause of a persons acne. As an adult, a person's acne could be more stress related, and if a female, more hormone based. As a teen the reasons might be different. Hope this helps!

Hey, this is a great question. I am suffering for acne for the first time at age 23. I was surprised when the derm told me that "puberty might not be done with me" so my acne may not be "adult acne." Lol.. I have been out of high school for five years and have a child, I don't think this is a teenage thing!