Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Visage D'espoir

Visage D'Espoir's BP Regimen log

Just a bit of background stuff before I launch into how I'm doing on the regimen.

Acne runs in my family, and I was no different... At only 11 years old I started getting noticible acne. By 13 it was worse, and by 15 I couldn't leave my house without tons of makeup on. My acne is incredibly stubborn, and about moderate to severe. (They don't cover my face, but there's enough that it looks terrible... I get the occassional cyst but not very often)

During highschool, I visited the dermatologist many many times... Basically I went through every different acne drug on the market, and it had little to no effect. After about three years of this, I lost hope, until I heard about Accutane. After a lot of extensive research, and a lot of begging my parents, I finally went on it about five and a half months ago.

It didn't work. It helped to a certain point, but I was still breaking out by the end of the fifth month, and the derm took me off of it because it was causing too many side-effects. By this point I had lost hope completely. I was so depressed that I cried nearly every time I looked in the mirror.

Then I found this site, and after my initial skepticism, and after reading all the success stories, I found new hope for my face. I ran out and bought neutragena on the spot, and have been using it the past two weeks. I have just recieved Dan's BP gel today.

So, after two weeks, I'm not seeing *too* much of an improvement, but I do believe that my breakouts are smaller and are dissapearing faster. As of right now, I have three active pimples, two are pretty small and the third is medium sized... I have a whole TON of red marks though, which makes me look dreadful when I have no makeup on.

I hope that these breakups will stop as the weeks past. I shall keep you all posted! Any support/encouragement would be really greatly appreciated!!!

I'm starting my third week.. My forehead is quite clear now, save for a few small red spots *knock on wood* and the only real problem at the moment is a small area on either cheek.

I have about four active pimples at the moment... one of them is pretty big, the others are small. I really hope this is a sign that they are going away for good. sleep.gif

I know what you mean about the red marks. Mine are terrible, and I absolutely cannot go out without makeup to cover them. Mine may just be permenant though, I don't know about yours.

Ohh, God I hope my red spots aren't permanent! I'm sure they're not though, but they can last a long time... I hope yours fade with time too. smile.gif

Today I'm pretty miserable... My skin is incredibly dry. I haven't experience too much redness (but some ictching) but all the sudden my skin is really really dry and sensitive...

The worst part is the skin around my eyes, which makes me mad because I don't put BP anywhere near there so I don't know what could cause it... It's making my eyes seem more wrinkly, and I hate it. Plus it hurts. sad.gif

As for the progress of my face, my forehead and chin are currently clear, save for a few fading red spots, but my left cheek is doing terrible... My right one seems to be clearing up okay, just two small pimples... My left one has about three healing pimples and two new ones... and they really really hurt.

I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps right now. sad.gif

I was wrong, there is no hope for my face. None at all.

I'm halway through my third week, and I had to cut back on the amount I used, because My entire face dried up like a raisin, even my eyes and neck, where I dont' even put the stuff. I mosturize like crazy and it doesn't help.

My chin broke out today and I got a few new ones on my left cheek... If anythign I think it's getting worse... I wanted to stick through the two months, but I don't know if I can make it... Somehow, deep down, I knew this wouldn't work... Nothing ever works. I'm in complete despair. I cry about it every day.

I think I'm going to go the vitamin route... I'm thinking, b5, zinc, and a multivitamin. I'm having trouble finding b5 at the drugstores though, but I'm going to try a few more places... I really really don't want to order anything offline, customs charges suck...

Anyway, I'm thinking about continuing to use bp even while on the vitamins, but significantly less (I had to use less because my skin was dryed out so bad... of course my forhead and chin broke out again...) just to sort of help along the way.

I really want to talk to a doctor or something about it, but I'm afraid too, because doctors dont' really talk about vitamins, they just want to give you perscriptions and things...

Anyway, as soon as I get the b5, I'm going to start taking that and the other two supplements I mentioned, plus a bit of bp. Is this a good idea? If anyone has any suggestions, please post.

omg, i feel so bad for you. it seems like you've tried everything.

i think you should just clean your face with light cleanser (Dove's) for a week or two and try to calm down your skin because it seems like you've irritated it too much.

start a new regimen after that. take b5 along with it, and don't moisturize too much because it might make you break out. the only 'moistruizer' that doesn't break me out is aloe vera gel.

i've also heard that Nature's Cure has a really high success rate. it takes time though, usually about 2 months.

good luck! smile.gif

Thank you so much for your reply, ProactivSUCKS.

...I am wary of cutting down to nothing but a cleanser, because I know my face will break out terribly if I do.. I moisturize a lot, but I know for a fact that it will not cause me to break out, the stuff I use (Effidrate) is specifically for people who are/were on Accutane. It doesn't seem to be working too well... My eyes are back to normal, which was the thing that really worried me, but my jaw line and some of my neck is very dry still, which is baffling because I don't put any near there at all.

I am having troubles locating some B5 around here... Perhaps I will try looking for it under the name "Pantothenic Acid"...

I also heard that Flax seed oil is good for you, but I don't want to take too many supplements at once, in case they don't agree with each other or something... I don't know who I can really talk to about this for professional help, Vitamin treatment isn't exactly mainstream, like drugs. *sigh*

Thank you for wishing me luck! I have been through a lot, but I will never give up until I win.

^ you're welcome! smile.gif

i wouldn't trust that site if i were you, they're trying to sell their own book. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif ofcorse they'll tell you that this and that won't work. lol

there are numerous posts in the 'over-the-counter acne meds' forums about how B5 has helped them. personally i've never considered going on a B5 treatment, i'm no good with pills.

i do take daily multi-vitamins though, and i haven't had a major break-out in a looong time. i think you should take them too, not only for your acne, but more importantly, for your own health.

also, i always take breaks after regimens have failed me to calm down my skin. usually for 2 weeks, i'd use st. ive's gentil scrub and put aloe vera all over my face. i've never broken out crazily during those 2 weeks, my acne usually stays the same or get a lil worse, nothing insane.

Well, I'm back on the regimen again (I never really quit, I just used really small amounts for a while) and every part of my face seems to be clearing up nicely except for that one stupid spot on my left cheek... I'm convinced it's getting better, at least, it's less sore... But quite itchy. I'm also currently taking Zinc, a multivitamin, and plan to take flaxseed oil as soon as I can buy some.

Between the vitamins and the regimen, my face *should* start becoming more submisive.

I guess technically I've been on the bp regimen for almost a month, but I don't think it fully counts because I haven't been following the rules to the letter... I bought some FlaxSeed Oil today and am going to take 1 capsule three times a day. I'm also taking a multivitamin (which includes pantothenic Acid) and Zinc.

My face is doing 'alright' but I'm still having troubles getting the breakouts to stop on my left cheek. Only few and very small pimples present on my right cheek and forehead, and my chin is clear, save for the dreaded red spots.

I really think I have a mental condition but I don't know what to do... I know that my acne isn't as bad as it could be, but I just don't want to have it at all. and then people tell me 'you can't have perfect skin, no one does!' but I don't want perfect skin, I want NORMAL skin! Is that so much to ask? I get depressed when I go to the mall in the drugstore or somewhere where they have florescent lights... and then I see how horrible I look next to everyone else... There really aren't very many people with acne, at least not around here. It's so depressing to feel alone like that. I feel so ugly, but everyone tells me its all in my head, so maybe I really do have BDD... but in that case, I need help... But who do I go to?

I guess I'm on my sixth week or so of the regimen, but I'm not using as much as Dan recommends, because I simply can't use that much without my face flaking off.

I thought I was finally seeing some success, because I didn't have any breakouts on my cheeks or anywhere else for quite some time, and all I had to deal with for a time were a couple scars and red marks... however, I got this giant pimple right by my eyebrow, and it's made me quite depressed... I don't see how a pimple that large could appear! I've been taking tons of vitamins too, but so far it doesn't seem to be having any effect.

I guess overall there has been an improvement, maybe this big one is just a flukey thing...

The only other thing that really sucks is that my nose is unbelievably oily. Oiler than it has ever been. I tried moisturizing it a lot, because I heard that helps, but it doesn't really have any effect. I think I might have to go back on Accutane next month. *sighs*