Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Basketball123

Will the dryness ever stop?

I've been on the regimen for 7 months and i still deal with dryness. Although there is a dramatic dryness difference compared to month 1 and now. Also i only apply BP once a day on weekdays. But on weekends i usually apply twice a day.But i want to know if it is possible for it to stop completely.

Are you adding jojoba oil to your moisturizer? It's my 4th day on the regimen and I'm not drying out one bit and I've been adding 3-4 drops of jojoba oil to DK's moisturizer. Everything on this forum says that it does miracles for dryness so definitely give that a go if you haven't done so already.

Edited by CurbYourEnthusiasm

The key to stopping the dryness is to stop being as gentle as you once were. Being gentle is great when you're dealing with acne, but once the acne is gone you need to start putting a little pressure when washing your face and applying BP and lotion. My face will still get INCREDIBLY dry if I'm extra gentle and "barely touch the skin", like Dan recommends. I'm talking cakey looking, itchy, peeling, tight kind-of dry. And I've been on the regimen for over four years.

If I wash my face like I would have normally done, the dryness is gone in a matter of days. When you wash your face, don't be as gentle as you normally are. Just wash like normal and apply BP a little rougher. You'll notice that in a few days, your skin will be a lot less dry and actually feel normal. Believe me, you can use ten drops of jojoba oil on your face and use alpha hydroxy until the cows come home, put a little more pressure on your face when washing and you'll be in the clear :)

Hope this helped, I'd like to know how it works for you after a few days to make sure it's not just me that benefits from it!

I notice that if I wash harder, my complexion looks more smooth and a lot of that awful caked on dead skin look goes away. However, it does also seem to make me red and irritated. I'd rather be red with less ugly dead caked on skin but do u think my skin will ever be resilient enough that the redness fades?

Guest Timehealsall
I notice that if I wash harder, my complexion looks more smooth and a lot of that awful caked on dead skin look goes away. However, it does also seem to make me red and irritated. I'd rather be red with less ugly dead caked on skin but do u think my skin will ever be resilient enough that the redness fades?

yea i noticed that as well, that when im rougher, dead skin comes off easily.

Do any of you guys ever like rub off plugs or weird whiteish things?

One year and more and still fighting dryness. I tried jojoba oil massages, aha, gentler cleansers, different moisturizers. the jojoba oil and aha irritated my skin too much and i always end up with whitheads. And other cleansers and moisturizers just didnt work as well as the ones i currently use.

I just use a lot of moisturizer, the toner helps, and use makeup that isnt drying.

add jojoba oil after washing face before BP. Miracles

Hi Zach,

I see you've made quite a few posts about this being brilliant and I'm thinking of trying it. How much do you use and do you leave it on or wipe it off? My fears would be reduced BP absorption and shininess.