Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Playing_In_Traffic

What has your acne made you thankful for?

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

The question is.... :drumroll:

What has your acne made you thankful for/aware of?

I have two:

1. I have moderate acne, but I never get much inflamed stuff on my forehead. I'm happy for that.

2. I know a lot more about nutrition after having studied different diets/hollistic regimens.

Its very easy to get lost in total depression over acne and feelings of hopelessness, so I think this is a great idea.

1. I want to second your answer, It gave me a LOT more knowledge about health and my body.

and

2. SPUNK. ;) (didn't really have the option of just being a pretty face, and in the end, I'm grateful.)

Definition of Terms:

Plebian: majority of the population (no interest or drive to achieve, mainly live to satisfy appetites)

Above Average: minority of the population (interest or drive in money, pleasure, respectability in society, ritualistic aspects of religion, etc.)

Superior: extremely rare (complete idealist)

It seems like the old things I used to care about are dying to me. I think being obsessed with acne or any other problem in life gets old after awhile, just as redoing the same puzzle over and over gets old after awhile. And I have completed the puzzle- I very rarely get acne and am in full control of it- so it's not as if I have tired of failing. It's just that it means nothing to me any more. Kind of like how playing with little plastic toys is interesting to children, yet adults find it dull and menial. I used to spend so much time caring about how my face looked or how muscular I was from lifting weights or what other people thought about me everywhere I went.

I would say, however, that I have failed socially in terms of what a Pleb or Above Average might consider as acceptable- but even in this, I feel it was more of a self-sabotage than anything. A subconscious knowledge that there was nothing there before I consciously realized it. It seems like the Above Average can stay enamored in such petty bullshit for longer periods of time before it gets old. The Pleb is too lazy and unmotivated to even care about such things, while the Above Average can spend their whole lives occupied with said petty trivialities.

The superiors tend to quickly progress through all stages of development and rapidly gain in knowledge and perception from each experience they undergo. They are more apt to perceive the underlying nature of things and to see things as they truly are because they are quickly able to piece together all angles using retained information from previous analyses. This is why superiors are often seen as social failures- because they subconsciously understand certain things about reality, but have not fully developed their analyses of the realities hey inhabit. Therefore they are often victimized by societies in the infancy of their cognitive development- because they are seen as deviants from the heirarchical system, but have not developed the perceptual resources to be able to understand their true oppressor- the society itself and it's plebian value system.

Ultimately, I think it's a self-perpetuating cycle as a realization of the piteous state of the universe from having things like acne, scars, contracting hiv from a baltimore street hooker or when a volcanic blast of debris that used to be your furniture and personal effects blows out of your floor-to-ceiling windows and sails flaming into the night combines with the victimization by society to more rapidly enhance cognitive and perceptual development. I think that if I didn't have both of these types of experiences in as sufficient a quantity, it would have taken far longer for my self-realization to satisfactorily develop to the point where I can claim that I now follow my own personal value system and hold very little attachment to any aspects of the society around me. Without this knowledge, I would still be contemplating my own failed existence- as I had for countless nights and days before this. And without these aids, I would approximate to have probably reached this stage around my mid-30's as opposed to my early 20's.

I'd finally like to say that I cared about how I looked never so much for self-indulgent purposes, but because I wanted to present myself in a certain way in order to obtain what I wanted from society (acceptance) so that I could then proceed to change and model it according to my own fantasies and persuasions. Kind of like a sculptor does with marble or a puppeteer does with strings. But when I finally achieved it; I realized it wasn't even worth my time and effort to degrade to the level of vermin. And it would've been impossible because, if I did, I would cease to be what I am and become something else entirely different. Only when one explores the road some, can they realize that it leads to a dead end.

My face.

I know, i know. my face? kind of a strange response considering most people (if not all!) hate their face because of acne.

I just never noticed how pretty my face was before the regimen. i always just assumed i was -less than average- but all those hours staring into the mirror really showed me how good i look, despite my skin.

Also my teeth. yeah they aren't the whitest teeth ever. but they ARE perfectly straight, and i've never needed braces or anything like that.

So i'm thankful for my face and teeth i guess :P

It has taught me to eat better and watch what I put into my body, which has not only helped with acne, but has helped me lose some weight also.

It has also taught me to be consistent about my skincare routine. I used to skip washing my face at night because i was too lazy or too tired and never realized that could cause breakouts as well, so now I stick to my twice a day routine.

I'm glad that acne has made me change my diet, and to live healthy, and also made me stop smoking! I dont think I would have without acne lol It's also made me realise that your friends and family love you no matter what happens to you, and im very glad I can be with people like that :)

The question is.... :drumroll:

What has your acne made you thankful for/aware of?

I have two:

1. I have moderate acne, but I never get much inflamed stuff on my forehead. I'm happy for that.

2. I know a lot more about nutrition after having studied different diets/hollistic regimens.

Acne made me happy that I never got burned,

Had breakouts before, but now its my turn,

To take over the world cause I know good nutrition,

I'm running through life to catch what before I was missin,

Never takin another day for granted,

Those never with acne - see life slanted,

They don't take care of themselves as well as I do,

I can describe every vitamin and mineral inside you,

I know about BP creams and ProActiv schemes,

I am the spotlight cause I stand where it beams,

And if acne didn't make me realize how precious life is,

God gave me cancer and told me to chase my dreams in show biz...

:D

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

im glad i dont have warts all over mah face instead :X

Great thread!

Having Acne has made me thankful for.

My Hair.. it's one of my best assests look-wise.

My natural thin-ness.

Other than looks, I am also thankful that having acne has given me a sense of compasion when interacting with others who are not looked on as "perfect" by society in general.

I have really learned what "Treat others as you would have others treat you" means.

I have learned to make the best of what you are given in life, as you only have one to live and it's too short to waste worring about the small stuff.

I have also learned that if acne is the only thing you have to worry about, then you are truly blessed as there are many others that would gladly trade all their problems for acne. There are some people with truly horrible conditions out there.

And I can honestly say that having acne, while having a negitive affect in parts of my life, has also had a very positive affect in other areas of my life. I would not be who I am today if I never had acne.

Nothing. Like seriously, nothing.

Edit: Didn't see the ''nothing negative allowed'' so here we go, I'll give it a shot. Getting rid of it was the best feeling ever, so I guess it made me appreciate clear skin even more and I don't take clear skin for granted anymore.

Edited by LaChesis

I hate it. hate it. HATE it. but it has made me-

more mature and less judgmental of others

more aware of my health and has forced me to improve my lifestyle

more compassionate towards others who have skin/health issues

not take things for granted

know and appreciate the people around me who have supported me through this ordeal

know that i will always find my inner strength to keep fighting (despite the WORST days)

guess it has made me more resilient.

Guest Timehealsall

i definitely, definably, do not judge people by how they look anymore.

-showed me their are tons of people out their just like me who go through the same problems, even though sometimes you feel alone.

-not to judge others based solely on appearance. I find girls with acne attractive now, I know what they are going through and can relate to them. the struggle makes us strong.

-a lot of health information, its crazy the amount of research you will do to try and find a reason behind the cause.