Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LewisW

A few questions about moving from Differin to Accutane.

Hey Guys,

6 months ago I went to the GP after years of suffering from mild acne that has always really made me depressed, shy and really anxious about meeting new people. She put me on Differin at night before I go to bed and one 50mg tablet of Doxycycline a day. I have been very consistent with my treatment and have held out as long as i can, but i really feel like Differin is doing absolutely nothing for me, still have acne, if not worse then before I started. Slight improvements with the overall feel of my skin, feels much softer, but I am still getting daily pimples.

I really don't want to have to go through the whole initial break out thing again with Accutane though..

Anyways, I am going back to see her tomorrow morning and maybe get put on Accutane, well at least suggest it. Cause I am truly over waking up every morning with another group of pimples for the collection.

Do you think my initial breakout on Accutane would be less severe because I have been on Differin? Or because I have been on Differin and nothing has really changed it will be just as bad?

Also has anyone else not had results with Differin but had good results with Accutane?

Far out i am over this.

Edited by LewisW