Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stoneman

Has anyone had their acne cured?

Is there anyone out there who has fully recovered from their acne? Cos I wanted to know, what does your skin look like now? Has the skin on your face gone back to the way it used to be before you had acne? I mean has it got like a dry, matt feel to it like normal skinned people?

Have the scars disappeared completely or are they still there? How long does it take for scars to disappear or at least die down? What products do you use now to prevent a recurrence of acne?

How long did it take to get cured or at least get the acne under control? And which medicines/products did you use to treat the skin and which were most effective?

accutane is the only thing that worked for me. Took 5 months to get clear now i'm just waiting out the red blemishes.

Yeah but I mean has your skin texture gone back to the way it was before you had acne? I know you said that the red marks are still there but has your skin gone back to a smooth consistency and has the oliyness disappeared?

I don't get cysts or significant acne anymore but my skin is not the perfect texture it was before acne. the worst scars are still there although they have faded a lot. some areas of my face have never ever had acne not even mild acne and I had peels done on those areas along with the rest of my face. Those areas still have that ultra smooth. poreless look and places where my acne was mild my skin also looks pre acne like, meaninf it's matte smooth and has the kind of finsish (someone on thses boards descirbed it as "eggshell)...well, it has that ind of smooth finish. I think with the help of mild/moderate chemical peels and regenerative procedures you can help get your skin to improve a lot and may even eleiiniate some smaller superficial scarring. At least I hope!

well i mean my skin is started to look alot like how it did before. The oil comes back about a month after accutane, but i mean i wanted the oil back because u need it in order for the red scars and blemishes to heal and fade. It would take way too long to fade away if i just had dry skin. But i only get oily when i'm really hot and it's only on my nose, well basically the t-zone.

well the places on your body feel like the skin on your underarm, normal not too dry, your face feels unshaved for the first time without noticing the bumps, still your nose and forehead can get a bit oily from time to time but nothing clogging up.

I think I'm really on the last fase, I'm really groing out off it. well still using some BP and vinigar from time to time seems to help.

overwashing I don't worry about, soap isn't really that bad, alcohol is.

anyway you will get totaly adicted to stroking your own face for the first mounths. I can still renember the days a long time ago I could never imagine this kind of feeling. its worth it all the way!!

My skin is soft and smooth, although my nose is still oily. I've got some red marks that are slowly fading, but it's nothing I can't live with. That Neutrogena BP stuff really works for me. I use St. Ive's medicated scrub every other day.