Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok ive got serious hyperpigmentation all over my face and got Apple cider Vinegar and Emu oil. what is the best way to use these two? i was thinking at night apply ACV, wait until it dries then apply the emu oil?

I've never heard of people combining both ACV and Emu Oil, I currently only use ACV as I can't really afford to pay so much money for such a small amount of Emu Oil.

I think the idea you had would work well, but don't take my exact word for it!

ok ive got serious hyperpigmentation all over my face and got Apple cider Vinegar and Emu oil. what is the best way to use these two? i was thinking at night apply ACV, wait until it dries then apply the emu oil?

Here's what I do:

At night, I use Dan's cleanser in the shower. After I get out, I pat my face dry and then apply a baking soda mask and leave it on for 10 minutes. After I wash it off, I use a cotton pad to apply ACV (1 part ACV, 1 part water). I let that dry (about 5-10 minutes) then I apply Dan's BP. Wait about 15 minutes before applying moisturizer and then apply emu oil about 10 minutes after that. With the emu oil, I only use about 4 drops for my whole face as that should be all you need. I've found the results to be extremely positive as I noticed my red marks begin to fad within a week or so. After a month or so they become very light although they are still visible when you look closely in good lighting.

I have a slightly different routine for mornings as I use Dan's cleanser, then apply an egg white protein mask for 10 minutes. After that, I wash it off and use Dan's BP and then finish with moisturizer. I've been experimenting for the past couple of months trying different things and using different amounts but I have found this system to be the most effective for me.

I would recommend starting with what you suggested and then, if you feel that there is still some room for improvement, gradually introducing some extra steps.

Here's what I do:

At night, I use Dan's cleanser in the shower. After I get out, I pat my face dry and then apply a baking soda mask and leave it on for 10 minutes. After I wash it off, I use a cotton pad to apply ACV (1 part ACV, 1 part water). I let that dry (about 5-10 minutes) then I apply Dan's BP. Wait about 15 minutes before applying moisturizer and then apply emu oil about 10 minutes after that. With the emu oil, I only use about 4 drops for my whole face as that should be all you need. I've found the results to be extremely positive as I noticed my red marks begin to fad within a week or so. After a month or so they become very light although they are still visible when you look closely in good lighting.

I have a slightly different routine for mornings as I use Dan's cleanser, then apply an egg white protein mask for 10 minutes. After that, I wash it off and use Dan's BP and then finish with moisturizer. I've been experimenting for the past couple of months trying different things and using different amounts but I have found this system to be the most effective for me.

I would recommend starting with what you suggested and then, if you feel that there is still some room for improvement, gradually introducing some extra steps.

Has using BP slowed down the healing process of your red marks at all? I was worried about that, so I completely stopped the regimen.

Has using BP slowed down the healing process of your red marks at all? I was worried about that, so I completely stopped the regimen.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure. Using Dan's Regimen is the one thing that I have not deviated from as it really helps me keep my breakouts under control. I suppose that it is possible that the marks could fad faster if I did not use BP, however, for me, that would likely mean new breakouts every week, so it's not really worth it. At the same time, I find my progress to be very noticeable so if the BP is hindering me, it is not to the extent that makes me feel that I should stop using it. If you are no longer having an issue with breakouts then you could always try just subbing out BP.