Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

pores closing up?

Guest Timehealsall

so i have posted a few threads about how my blackheads are leaving holes. Well i noticed that some of these holes, might be closing up, but i am not sure. Tell me if the following is a sign of some of these holes closing up.

Well i noticed that some of the areas where i had holes, now i have like a small very tiny mini "bump" on top of it. It looks like a comedone on top of the hole, but i dont think its exacylt htat. Basically, it looks like my skin is protecting the pore? Is this a sign of it closing up?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
I don't know what it's a sign of, but I have the EXACT same crap on my cheeks!

However, I think it's simply more clogging, as I did have really bad clogs on my cheeks and other parts of my face, and so I think it's just kind of... remaining gunk that was left behind and that has hardened. I doubt it's a sign of a pore shrinking back down to size (pores cannot close... they kind of need to be "open" all the time). In some of them, it looks like the very center is rising out more than the rest of the space. So it looks like it's the blackhead/clog minus the protruding hard bubble-like head, if that makes sense. Like the clog was not fully removed, but the tip was?

mine does not look like that whatsoever. It looks similar to something else. I had a blackhead on the side of my nose that came off 3 weeks ago. After it came out, it left a hole that was red. After a week or so, the hole and redness went away, and what was left in place of the hole was this small bump. After a few weeks, i looked at my nose, and the bump was gone and the pore was not visible anymore. The same thing is now happening to another pore/hole, except the pore was not red before, it just randomly got this mini bump in it that is the same color of my skin.

Guest Timehealsall

i was wondering if any of you guys ever experienced your pores becoming scarred due to irritation of the skin?

Irritation from a product can definitely cause enlarged pores, which over time can result in scarred pores.

Guest Timehealsall

so i have posted on the board about my blackheads but i am not sure if all of them are classified as blackheads. I noticed that everytime i wash my face, even if i dont use any products (bp, cetaphil gentle cleanser) i still get this weird flaky/dead skin. When i look closely, it seems like i have these weird black dots that are spreading onto areas of my nose that never had them. I was wondering, can rubbing the dead skin off my nose spread these black dots? It seems like when i wash my face, the black dots seem to be on the surface, ready to be extracted (although i dont extract them, becuase i am afraid of them scarring) but then they set back into the skin.

Are these sebacious filaments?

Guest Timehealsall

yea the area where i have these dots, it seems like massive dead skin sheds from it.. is that sebacious filaments?

Guest Timehealsall

Is it possible that if you have a runny nose a lot, sneeze a good amount, and cough, that you can permanently enlarge your nose pores?

Guest Timehealsall

i noticed i started getting more black dot thingys filling my nose pores ever since i started using jojoba oil on my nose.

I think these are sebacious filaments because every few days they seem to come to the surface, and when i am using a cleanser, they peel off, and then refill a few days (sometimes the next day).

If i stop using the oil (which i have for 2 weeks now) will they just go away?

Guest Timehealsall

hmm, are there any signs of the skin being irritated from a product?

If the pores do enlarged from said product, anyway to reduce the pore size to normal?