Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
layton

iv been running everyday...

ok so i remember in the last year when i used to run with my brother every day and im kinda out of shape so i decided to start running again. so for the past few days iv been getting up around 6 (its feeezzzinnnggg by the way) and running about a mile plus working out a little. and iv noticed my skin getting better, ALOT better. and BP treatments seem more effective.

now im just really curious as to why? how does working out help? just general curiosity :P

Hey, I run every other day about 3 1/2 miles. I find that running helps with stress reduction and over all well being, which can in turn positively help with cortisol levels and hormones. Keep it up. Fitness is super important for mental health reasons. I am not so concerned about looking fit or thin as I am about how exercise helps with my over all health (my skin being the weakest link).

Chronic cardio can cause chronic inflammation. I'd made mine worse.

Yeah ditto on that... keep running but don't go insane. I've had to lay off the heavy/prolonged gym workouts and intense kickboxing training for a bit and it allows time for your skin to heal. But definately keep running in the morning! I would suggest 20-30 mins of light-moderate intensity; enough to build up a good sweat.

!Keep it up

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

How would you describe chronic cardio? Right now, I usually go to the gym 3 times a week, and will do cardio for about 45-60 minutes, although I don't really do it with a lot of intensity (still easy to breathe, only minor heart rate elevation and slight perspiration on certain machines). Would that still be excessive?

Can you hold a conversation? What's low to moderate intensity may vary from person to person according to fitness level, but the conversation is a pretty good key.

Long workouts are mostly wasted effort. Your body uses the carbs you just ate and then burns muscle for fuel. The body burns fat while you are at rest and roaming about doing chores, foraging for food, walking. (huh. It just occurs to me that people who like to say they get their exercise by shopping are right. Good for you, Paris Hilton.)

Ideal is to be active everyday, i.e. walking, chores, games etc. For as much of the day as possible. Mimic that as much as possible by taking stairs rather than elevators, not searching for the closest possible parking space. Not driving to places you can walk or cycle to. Getting up from the desk or sofa often.

And on occasion, a few times a week, you engage in intense activity in short bursts. Such as several 30 second sprints during your walk. Or charging up a hill or stairs.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Then why have I very rarely seen someone who is overweight and dealing with acne?

I believe people who are over weight store their toxins inside instead of pushing them out...It's probably better to have them coming out of your skin than sitting in your organs and other parts of your body.

And people who are over weight normally dont actually consume massive amounts of fat, it's usually the carbs that get them. Carbs should be kept to a minimum in any case.... acne or weight problems.

Anyway... that's just my opinion.

Then why have I very rarely seen someone who is overweight and dealing with acne?

People who are overweight actually have a considerable amount of muscle mass. You just can't see it. I always said if you took a sumo wrestler and did liposuction, you'd have the biggest most muscular man in the world.

But if during the day one has to engage in sedentary activity, is walking about for maybe 5 minutes every hour or two enough? Because I cannot see walking around for a good deal while trying to type on my laptop working out well!

I've no way of knowing how much is enough, but it helps. If you can find a counter where you can stand for some of the time while using your laptop or studying would be good to. You'll probably find you are more productive, it's better for you and it's easier to figit, move around, tap your feet, etc.

And insert a few 20-30 second sprints into your workout on the elliptical, rowing machine, bicycle, or whatever.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I wish that I could go running... or at least use that nice elliptical machine in my house, but it's been so damn cold. I used to rock that thing during the summer... but I have no central heating (is that what it's called?) and it's like 64F in my house.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I wish that I could go running... or at least use that nice elliptical machine in my house, but it's been so damn cold. I used to rock that thing during the summer... but I have no central heating (is that what it's called?) and it's like 64F in my house.

My 71 year old mother lives in far north west Wisconsin not far from where they routinely record the coldest temps in the lower 48 and she walks every day unless there's severe weather.

And let me refer you all to the exercise thread again:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2661867

Where do you live, Mirrfiak? I used to live in Minnesota, and the only days I didn't run (when I was more hard core) was when it was below 0 degrees Fahrenheit, but I still walked around outside when it was -20! You just need to get over the mental hump of being outside. Right now it is 32 degrees in NY, and I run with a long wear top, a zipup polyester sport pullover, a thin nylon shell, ear warmer head band, and running tights (and wool socks!). Try it and I guarantee you'll warm up in 5 minutes.

chronic cardio frucked me up>>acne wise, but i was a DEMON on the futbol pitch.

now i can't run, because i'm pretty sure i'm dealing with a sports hernia and no health insurance.

RUNNING is Great tho, i used to run 6 miles for at least 3-4 days a week....

ran the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge from my house and back. about an hour and 8 mins.

and when it got cold, i used to kill it on the treadmill.

i've been paying for that for a while now and still am ...

In my experience cardiovascular exercise is good for acne. Not sure why though maybe something to do with androgen regulation and maybe only relevant for men. Men and women bodytypes and androgens are different so maybe cardio vascular exercise has different effects on each.

I think some men should see an improvement in there acne with a reduction in their heart rate. I believe there is a negative correlation between acne and heart rate in males.

I haven't exercised in like... a month. My acne is the same, if not better. Motivation to exercise is pretttyyyy low.