Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy Lad

Regimen vs Romance

Ok.. so I've been on the regimen for about 2 months now and I couldn't be happier with the results. I haven't had a new spot for about 3 weeks (when I was getting 2 or 3 new pimples per day before).

Anyway, I've been dating this girl for a couple of weeks now and this weekend I've had a breakout. Mainly around the mouth area. I have suspicions that this has been caused by kissing (more scientifically.. I guess the saliva is getting on my skin and breaking me out).

Anyone else suffer from a similar problem? Is it just a case that romance and acne can never live harmoniously side by side? Anybody have any advice on this matter?

Thanks!

It might be caused by kissing..it might not though. In my experience with the regimen and being in a relationship, kissing/other oral activities ( :whistle: ) don't really cause breakouts as long as i'm true to the regimen. It could be because of other things too: hormones, stress of being in a new relationship, etc).

In the end, i would not worry about it and keep on with your regimen. Do not let your acne get in the way of your relationship. I would get kind of mad at my last girlfriend when she touched my face, and I regret that

I guess these are fair points... I suppose we've been intimate with each other for a few weeks now and this is the first break out I've had so it could be completely unconnected. I suppose time will tell. I'll speak to her about make up too as I guess it could be her lip products, foundation, etc causing the issues.