Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever used Henna to dye their hair? I know my grandma said a long time ago she used it but shes never said that she liked or didn't like how it came out.

I stopped dying my hair about 2/3 months ago (maybe longer I don't really know anymore) and I just can't stand roots =/ my hair used to be naturally blonde, I would dye it a whiter blonde and now the roots are dark blonde almost brown. I did have red hair for a little while (strawberry blonde) and everyone really like it on me. So I don't mind going red really..

The only reason I wanna use Henna is because pure all natural henna is good for your hair and hair dye isn't. I stopped dying my hair because I was burning it and ended up cutting off 5ins of burned nasty hair to have healthy nice hair again. But I don't think I can handle having the two tone hair for as long as it'll take to grow out enough to cut off the white blonde and I really don't like the dirty blonde anyways.

So has anyone used Henna? Any advice or suggestions on how long and what to mix it with? I heard to mix it with lemon and not water....but if anyone knows of a better way to mix it....tips would be nice

I like the printable how-to-guide that the site has =] I already order good quality natural henna just waiting for it to get shipped. I know that site suggest using lemon not water, have you tried it both ways? Why do you prefer water over lemon?

I have, the lemon did not result in better dye deposit and dried my hair out like crazy.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

hey ppl, is there henna or any other natural hairdye that could dye hair green, like plant green?

i wanna bleach strands and then dye them green, is there some natural stuff for this as i might be allergic n shit to chemical dyes n stuff so dont want use them

:/

yeah i used to henna my hair a few years ago when i was 14.. my hair color is dark brown, like Kim Kardashian or eva longoria.

and red henna made my hair this really dark kind of red that could only be visible in sunlight. but everybody noticed surprisingly.

henna smells like Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

I have, the lemon did not result in better dye deposit and dried my hair out like crazy.

Thank you! I definitely don't wanna dry my hair out again :)

hey ppl, is there henna or any other natural hairdye that could dye hair green, like plant green?

i wanna bleach strands and then dye them green, is there some natural stuff for this as i might be allergic n shit to chemical dyes n stuff so dont want use them

Henna dyes red...ALL henna just depending on the plant the color deposit may seem darker or lighter. And then theres Indigo but that dyes blue....I'm really not sure about any plant that dyes green but I'll see if I can find something

I wouldn't bleach your hair (been there done that) it can be very harsh if you don't do it right. What color is your hair now anyways? You might be able to get it green without bleaching...I couldn't find any natural things like henna that turn green (I didn't look for that long though, you might be able to find it) BUT I do remember when I had hot pink hair we used a demi-permanent dye that Hot Topic sells. It fades after washing until it completely washes out (its demi-permanent not permanent!) but I remember the dye smelled like cherries (it was actually cherry red but I had JUST bleached my hair so it came out hot pink instead) and it didn't dye out my hair or damage it. I don't think it uses the same chemicals the normal hair dyes use....

RAW Lime Green

RAW Kryptonite Green

RAW Teal

Edited by ~Amber~

I love henna and used it dye my hair for about 4 years. I only stopped because my stepsister who does it with me lives kinda far now. It makes my hair feel soooo nice! We used a couple different mixes and combinations. We put black tea and coffee in it for a darker color and lemon made it way too bright in my experience. It's really healthy for your hair though. You can get different types of henna that are closer to the red color family you want.

I love henna and used it dye my hair for about 4 years. I only stopped because my stepsister who does it with me lives kinda far now. It makes my hair feel soooo nice! We used a couple different mixes and combinations. We put black tea and coffee in it for a darker color and lemon made it way too bright in my experience. It's really healthy for your hair though. You can get different types of henna that are closer to the red color family you want.

I never heard of using black tea or coffee before thanks =] since my hair is so white (other than the dirty blonde roots) I'm hoping for a strawberry blonde....I'm pale and I know that strawberry blonde looks ok on me already I'm a little worried about really dark red lol but however it comes out is fine as long as it gives me that silky soft healthy hair feeling :) my hair felt great when I first cut it now its just soft I want it even healthier lol

I never heard of using black tea or coffee before thanks =] since my hair is so white (other than the dirty blonde roots) I'm hoping for a strawberry blonde....I'm pale and I know that strawberry blonde looks ok on me already I'm a little worried about really dark red lol but however it comes out is fine as long as it gives me that silky soft healthy hair feeling :) my hair felt great when I first cut it now its just soft I want it even healthier lol

Haha no problem! Yeah if your hair is that light I definitely recommend adding coffee or tea, makes it smell better too ;)

Because henna is pretty strong. You don't wanna be orange you know! Yep your hair will feel awesome! It volumizes too. My hair always looks and feels much stronger when I use henna. Exciting. When do you think you will do it?

Haha no problem! Yeah if your hair is that light I definitely recommend adding coffee or tea, makes it smell better too ;)

Because henna is pretty strong. You don't wanna be orange you know! Yep your hair will feel awesome! It volumizes too. My hair always looks and feels much stronger when I use henna. Exciting. When do you think you will do it?

I can't wait for the volumizing effects cause my hair is so thin lol. I'm waiting for my shipment still it should be here in a few days so I'll probably do it sometime this week :D yeah I definitely don't want orange hair I've had that before when going from dark brown with a tint of red back to blonde (i wanted to see how brown hair looked on me didn't work out!)

I'll update when I do it and maybe even pictures of the hair :) I'm excited I hope it looks great haha

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY
I wouldn't bleach your hair (been there done that) it can be very harsh if you don't do it right. What color is your hair now anyways? You might be able to get it green without bleaching...I couldn't find any natural things like henna that turn green (I didn't look for that long though, you might be able to find it) BUT I do remember when I had hot pink hair we used a demi-permanent dye that Hot Topic sells. It fades after washing until it completely washes out (its demi-permanent not permanent!) but I remember the dye smelled like cherries (it was actually cherry red but I had JUST bleached my hair so it came out hot pink instead) and it didn't dye out my hair or damage it. I don't think it uses the same chemicals the normal hair dyes use....

RAW Lime Green

RAW Kryptonite Green

RAW Teal

um ok, but still would it hurt so much if i only bleach few strands, also without touching roots and skin area? :/ aand are those raw colors kind of like dye shampoos or something, only for 1 time before washing? :/

my hair color is brown, kinda dark, so i think i should bleach first :/ well idk, maybe i should just bleach and use some reg green dye? (if im not touching skin and roots while dying that is) :ermm:

RAW Lime Green

RAW Kryptonite Green

RAW Teal

um ok, but still would it hurt so much if i only bleach few strands, also without touching roots and skin area? :/ aand are those raw colors kind of like dye shampoos or something, only for 1 time before washing? :/

my hair color is brown, kinda dark, so i think i should bleach first :/ well idk, maybe i should just bleach and use some reg green dye? (if im not touching skin and roots while dying that is) :ermm:

They Raw color should last about 28 washes I believe...so if you don't wash your hair everyday you have about a month and you can always reapply more.

IF you do bleach your hair follow the directions very carefully. And make sure you have really good deep conditioning treatments to use right after. Also don't bleach your hair if it's already damaged (dry, split ends) because then it will definitely burn your hair. And it doesn't look or feel good to have burned hair.

If your sensitive or allergic to hair dye though I wouldn't bleach or dye it at all.

Why don't you just buy some colored extensions instead. You can put them where you want, they won't burn your hair, they just clip in and if you decide that you don't like them you can always just take them out without any problems

Edited by ~Amber~

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

great tips, thnx a bunch! aand riight i forgot about extensions :P so yea maybe ill do that instead

So I got the Henna powder today and I just finished mixing it (with black coffee, a little bit of lime & lemon, paprika, cinnamon, and hot water) I read that it should sit for a little while before putting it into your hair that way it can start to release the dye or something so I'm using this time to do a strand test (cut a small piece off of my hair) to make sure that it really is pure henna and doesn't burn off my dyed hair lol. So far the strand seems fine I wonder if it's changed colors yet...

Well wish me luck please hopefully I'll have full soft pretty red hair not orange haha

Here's the before picture with my blonde/dirty blonde/light brown hair....I've had the stuff in my hair for about an hour and a half....I can already see the redish on the roots :) so another several hours and I'll have the after photo although henna changes shades for the first few days (or so I heard)

1.bmp

1.bmp

heres the after pictures...my hair actually doesn't look THAT orange in person I have bad lighting in my room =/

I only left it on my hair for 3 hours....next time I'm gonna go for 5/6 hours so my hair will hopefully even out a little because the parts of my hair that were white are lighter than the top its a little noticeable.

Best thing though....even after blow-drying & straightening (which I couldn't do anymore because if I did my hair would feel like straw) my hair is SUPER SOFT and just looks and feels way healthier my sister wants me to dye her hair with henna now...but I don't want her having my hair color =p

Edited by ~Amber~