Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nemt

Can skin contact with beer cause breakouts?

I never really get any pimples or redness anymore - except on my upper lip, but it only seems to happen after I drink draught beers. Could there be any connection, or just a coincidence?

I've heard that drinking a lot can cause pimples yeah. I don't know about ACNE, but a pimple or 2 yeah. As far as because it's touching your skin?? Maybe your sensitive to some ingredient in whichever beer you drink? Or go to another bar lol I personally say coincidence. I did hear drinking often may cause you to break out here and there though, so take note of that if you a big drinker.

I drink a 40oz of beer a day... no difference. If anything, it helps.

post-136122-1291585770_thumb.jpg

post-136122-1291585770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mirrfiak

You have no idea what you're talking about, duck. Mass produced beer has no live yeast due to the pasteurization process. Want to know why? To extend the shelf-life. How does pasteurization work? High heat. Yeast can't live in high heat. Unpasteurized beer must be stored, and served, at 38 F. That pretty much eliminates 99% of the beer on the market.

Edited by Mirrfiak