Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well i've been going out more recently despite my breakouts and NEVER in my life would i expect that one of the nicest and most attractive guys i've ever met would hit on me!!!

Anyways I'm going to see him tomorrow evening and Murphy's law i've got some fresh pimples under the skin on my cheek, and i am soooo nervous about it. I know he won't care about these but its getting me down and when that happens i go recluse.

I've never actually been on a date and never had a boyfriend which is main reason for nervousness. I really like this guy and i don't want to be so self concious tomorrow about my skin, if i miss this chance of being happy because of some spots i'll never forgive myself. I'm still trying to figure out why he likes me at all lol but at least i know skin isn't an issue!

sigh i'm not sure what i'm trying to say, it jsut seems to help letting this all out to you guys. any pep talk or last minute tips on getting rid of these bastards are welcome lol

Don't think about all the complications or what's at stake. You'll just be nervous and make things awkward. Just stay cool and be yourself. Keep an open mind and an open heart and focus on him rather than yourself or what he might be thinking of you. Have fun! ;)

Lucky girl! Dont let tiny little red buggers ruin your moment!

Try using an icepack on your acne and after a while the redness should subside along with the size.

Good luck Cassie88 ;)

Lucky you!

I know it's difficult be just relax and be yourself.

If I'm having a bad acne day I tend to do my eye makeup a little more dramatic than usual as I feel people notice my eyes before the acne then and it gives me a little more confidence.

Definitely agree with the eye makeup idea. Also I think using a highlighter helps alot too, like around the eyes, below the brows, maybe a bit on the bridge of the nose. I certainly recommend going nude on the lips, to draw more attention on the eyes and away from the problem area especially if it's on the chin or around there. Basically the idea is, draw the attention as far as you can from the problem area. Don't forget the hair aswell ;) Have fun!

I like dramatic eye makeup for night dates. But I also think a nice bright red or hot pink lip with minimal eye shadow can be just as stunning. Ice your breakout, be gentle with it, and apply BP stat! After you do all that put it out of your mind! Enjoy this awesome experience! That's so exciting. :D If you know he won't care- you don't need to either!

i love your avatar, OP.

as others have said, i also do the heavier eye makeup if i'm feeling insecure about my skin. don't put so much pressure on yourself. it's your first date, and that's exciting, but know there will be many more to come with him or without him ... lol .. so constantly tell yourself that a date is supposed to be fun, and make that be your goal, instead of impressing him. the right guy for you doesn't need you to work hard to impress him =D

guys thanks so much for all your replies they helped a lot, i was getting quite nervous!

it went really well and i forgot about my skin pretty quickly. it was actually fun lol!!! and there is going to be a next time yay!! and i'm actually looking froward to it hoorah!!

thanks and glad you like the avatar indayden!