Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Those of us who have acne, but sensitive or dry skin know how overly harsh and astringent many products are. I'd just like to give a personal recommendation to Dermalogica. I had tried pretty much everything going when I bought a two-week trial supply of Dermalogica's Ultra-soothing cleanser, booster (a toner) and barrier repair moisturiser. By the end of the two weeks work colleagues and even an ex-boyfriend were commenting, unprompted, on how much clearer my skin was looking.

Every cleanser and moisturiser I have ever tried gave me spots. These are the only I have found that do not.

I have also tried pretty much every foundation in existence - again, the only one that does not give me spots is Dermalogica Treatment Foundation.

Every now and then I think I'll try something else: I always regret it.

Everyone's differnet, of course. I just wanted to pass on my experience in case it helps someone else and saves them wasting money on other things. I do not work for Dermalogica!

This is cool! I am going to school to become an esthetician and we use Dermalogica at our school/spa. I've heard pretty good things about it generally. Glad to know it worked for you!

And yes... mods and users... I know this post is old, but some other people might have experiences to share about it too :)

I used a dermalogica cleanser all on it's own during my junior year, and that's it. It was one of their gentle formulas with salyclic acid in it, I remember it being green, and lathering up extremely well. I had minimal acne just with the cleanser alone, and it didn't even dry my skin out, so I know they're formulated pretty well! However, I haven't found myself an excuse to revisit the brand :lol: I just stopped using it when it ran out. Overall, I'd say it's worth a shot!

For me the treatment foundation by Dermalogica was a lifesaver! It was the only thing my skin could tolerate. Everything else even medicated foundations used to break me out on the second day.