Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At first I'd like to say hello because this is my first post.

Now a few words about my scarring.

I had completely flawless skin till I turned 19 however I had moderate problem with pimples. Then my pores began to enlarge. I ended up with trying some meds that were supposed to help but caused my skin to dry. I believe this led to scarring.

Today I have three huge rolling scars on my right cheek, two long boxcar type scars on my left as well as some icepicks (scarred pores) on both. I have some more scars for example on the line of jaw but I can live with them. There are not AS THAT noticable in the daylight. Furthermore I can always grow beard which will cover them in some way ;)

Moving to my idea, I would like to give a try dermarolling. I've recently bought 1,5mm dermaroller. As we know it's all about building new collagen. Then I thought why not to try to speed this process. Vitamine C, ceramides used on the skin - they are all good but why not to try act in some new way.

I'm really desperated now. I came up with the idea of injecting testosterone in low (used in medicine, not bodybuilding) doses like 250mg every two or three weeks. In such low dose T. will help to build new collagen. It should greatly improve chances of getting rid of these scars "from the inside".

I hope that writing about this is not illegal here. I live outside US if that matters.

What do you think about it? Do you see any disadvantages?

Where did you find out about injecting testosterone in low doses with help with increase new collage? I heard by injecting that you get larger pores, acne, and a lot of other side effects. Is your testosterone levels low? You might end up with more problems than yo unintentionally wanted like atrophy of testes, mood swings/depression. Sounds like a no-no approach.

Thanks for the answer.

I will just paste an extract from the article on it:

(...)these levels may be maintained with exogenous test in the 100-200 mg/wk range. Test at this dose will not inhibit collagen syn, but paradoxically, will help increase it.(...)

You named a few flaws which can be easily overcome by using finasteride. You know, this drug for balding men. I have been on it for a several months now. My skins looks healthier and I'm conviced that it will help because it's 5 alpha reductase inhibitor.

Speaking about atrophy of testes I know bodybuilders that will help me to come back to normal but it is very unlikely that it will happen at that dose. Despite that fact I will be of course prepared for any inconvenience.

I actually expect my mood to improve. I have so much work now that I have no time for depression.

All in all I know that it's not risk free but I will just give it a try rather than regret I didnt tried.

It sounds like you know what you're doing. I did some research and see a study showing that it smooth muscle and collagen in mature rats.

Did you initially tested for low testosterone and how old are you?

Did you initially tested for low testosterone and how old are you?

I'm going to have my testosterone levels checked before doing any injections. I'm 21.

Mr President - I see your point. As I said before I can manage that. Plus i have no acne at the moment. Testosterone is not a poision. A lot of side effects will be reduced in my case by using finasteride. It's DHT which makes skin oily. Anyway thanks.

Now I will gather some more informations & money and I'm planning to start in two months time.

Any further comments would be appreciated.

Edited by meagstheworld