Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junglemoose

How to make my acne WORSE?

I'm having a peculiar problem... I have had ongoing moderate/severe acne for about 5 years, and have tried enough medications to decide I'm ready for Accutane. However, every once in a while my acne will go away almost completely for about 2 weeks. Now is one of those times, and my derm appointment is in six days. I need to make my acne worse FAST if I have any hope of getting that prescription. The reason I'm in such a rush is because at the end of 2010, my health insurance runs out and I have to pay completely out of pocket, so I may not be able to afford it then.

This is trickier than it sounds because I have never been able to link my acne to any product in the past. First I tried leaving a thick layer of coconut oil on my face all night, but nothing happened. Last night I covered my face with cakey white theater makeup, pure peppermint essential oil and scented body lotion, and still nothing happened. Is there anything that will for sure break me out? Please help!

cover it in butter overnight + cooking/vegetable oil

SOAK IT, but first, wash your face a cr*pload so that your skin in irritated.

You will wake up to something big...

Uuuuhh.. don't wash your face?

and put like....bacon grease and vegetable oil on your skin, and eat as MUCH JUNK FOOD AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, don't sleep, and drink LOTS of caffine.

Er, or you could wash it several times repeatedly throughout the day, exfoliate an ASS TON, don't wash your hair and rub all the oil onto your skin?

I dunno, interesting question.

Hello buddy!..My advice is never try to do it..Or, you will regret when the scar is formed!!..==..Cyst cause scar easily!!!...If your acne will disappear very quickly in 2 weeks, then that is not really a serious matter!!!..Trust me, you will regret when your cyst cannot be wiped out. Maybe you have seen many peoples have tried the medication, Roaccutane and their face have recovered, but, have you see those face that not recovered even they have taken it??( Like me do~)...Sorry if my advice is irritated~

If you really want to make your acne worse, you may tried to :

1 Eat lots of oily food

2 Put oil on your face

3 Be emotional

4 Keep your face dirty and don't wash it

5 Frequently touch your face and pickle the acne~

Hope this will help you!..^^

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am gonna try the butter and cooking oil, thing tonight.... I still only have a few cysts so I am getting pretty nervous. Will see how it goes... The last derm I went to a few years ago seemed really skeptical of giving me any medication and acted like he was doing me a huge favor. I really hope I am able to convince this one!

It is never a good idea to self inflict acne on yourself, especially to get prescribed Accutane. My suggestions are to not get involved with Accutane if you do not have to.

Am I reading this correctly? Are you trying to get acne BACK?! That's it.....I quit. lol

hahaha my exact thoughts.

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

Wash your face with battery acid and exfoliate with sandpaper. Then moisturize with used cigarette butts and sweat from a hooker.

Kidding. Please don't make your acne worse. :(

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am gonna try the butter and cooking oil, thing tonight.

You're kidding, right? :eh:

I advise you to bring your photos taken when you had bad acne, and tell the derm that sometimes you're clear and sometimes you're not. Honesty is the best policy :)

Also, don't forget to talk about previous treatment you used and didn't work.

Why don't you reschedule you're appointment? Since you said you typcally have 2 weeks of clear skin, you'd have to wait until the next break out anyway. Please don't attempt to make your skin break out.

Haha this always seems to happen to me before a dermatologists app. I always just say I'm kind of in between breakouts right now and he understands. Don't try to make yourself breakout lol enjoy this time.

I'm having a peculiar problem... I have had ongoing moderate/severe acne for about 5 years, and have tried enough medications to decide I'm ready for Accutane. However, every once in a while my acne will go away almost completely for about 2 weeks. Now is one of those times, and my derm appointment is in six days. I need to make my acne worse FAST if I have any hope of getting that prescription. The reason I'm in such a rush is because at the end of 2010, my health insurance runs out and I have to pay completely out of pocket, so I may not be able to afford it then.

This is trickier than it sounds because I have never been able to link my acne to any product in the past. First I tried leaving a thick layer of coconut oil on my face all night, but nothing happened. Last night I covered my face with cakey white theater makeup, pure peppermint essential oil and scented body lotion, and still nothing happened. Is there anything that will for sure break me out? Please help!

your an idiot.

This is the first time in my entire life that I've ever heard of someone WANTING to get acne, I understand why you want it, but damn...still crazy to read someone say.

This is idiotic.

If you feel you need to go on another cycle of prescription, by no means address it to your dermatologist and he/she will prescript it to you.

I don't know if trying to fool your doctor is the best policy. Accutane is serious business. If you are not eligible for it, it's with good reason that you shouldn't go on it. Have you tried other methods and treatments to clear up your periodic breakouts?

Just reading some of these suggestions makes me want to vomit! LOL

I understand you want to make it worse because your doctor might not prescribe it and your insurance will end BUT....if you REALLY want it just tell him you give up you need accutane, tell him you've come to see him for accutane.

I'm not sure how bad your acne is but I do understand why you would want to get rid of it once and for all. I read people putting down others because their acne is not as bad as theirs and there are worse cases of acne but truth be told acne whether it's moderate or severe still hurts us emotionally. No one can really change how they feel about acne. The world is cruel and the world says perfection = success. Now I think that's bull but it's true.

If you have tried everything and nothing seems to work then maybe accutane is a good idea. Someone had suggested bringing in pictures when your acne was bad. That's a good idea. Or if you have someone who can vouch for you, bring them with you so they can tell the doctor how bad your skin gets.

I wish you the best of luck - and PLEASE don't make your acne worse, you might be setting yourself up for more emotional hard even scars!

picking, overwashing (more than twice a day), touching your face, stressing about your skin, humid weather, using harsh products, etc. list goes on and on.

The medical statistic is that Roaccutane will achieve permenant remission in around 50% of patients - it is not a guarantied cure!

Please do not risk scarring yourself to be put on what is a poision.

Roaccutane should be reserved for extremely severe facial acne and/or extensive bodily acne, which is to extensive for topical treatment

Edited by Claudio

ummm dont shower for a few days like at all, and put lots of junk in your hair and face to make it even more oily, pick at your acne too, toothpaste can make it really red so try that, ummm if not tell your doctor that this happens sometimes and your acne really is bad, and that you really need the accutane