Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
honey_bee

SCORE!!can ya believe it?this is cheap and it works

Been surfing through several makeup sites,rosacea sites etc. and heard about tinted moisturizer.This idea is highly interesting to me as a time saver 'cause like many of my fellow acne suffering ladies,this chick don't go out without makeup on!! :!: These days my actual breakouts are basically in check(although at any given time i have several smaller blemishes and/or one larger one :) )but I have tons of red marks and blothchy uneven skin with large pores so going out w/out the makeup IS NOT an option for me. Everday this entails washing my face,treating it-then waiting,moisturizing it-then waiting,painstakingly applying foundation,then concealer,then powder,and then Finally I get to my eye makeup (but that part only takes a few minutes) AAAAARRRRGGGGG :D what a long annoying process....wouldn't it be great to combine a few of those steps and save some time for better things in life.I just bought cover girl smoothers tinted moisturizer in light to medium from wal-mart after reading glowing reviews from peeps all over the web.This is moisture,foundation,and spf(uva and uvb) in one product.It only took a few minutes to apply looked very natural,and even though it's deceptively light it covered the majority of my problem areas.All I needed was a few dabs of concealer on my spots and I was done. :lol::lol: It looks and feels better for less work,ya gotta love that!!And btw girls...it only costs $5.50 so check it out!!!! 8)

why do i do this to myself? i went out and bought that tube of useless nonesense. it doesnt even dry. it's so oily and gross. i am on an acne board right? i think alot of us here aside from accutane users have oily skin issues that this particular makeup is not suitable for. i'm sticking with my mattique. at least it's on the safe cosmetics list. thanks anyway and no offense. youre good at hyping it up but it was definitely all wrong for me.

well...here's the deal,it is sort of greasy but so is every other product with spf 15 out there, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop using spf it's too important to avoid pre mature aging.I apply it in a THIN layer allow it to soak in for a min,blot with oil absorb sheets, dot on a little concealer as needed, and lightly powder it with loose translucent powder.I do this same thing for any lotion containing spf 15 or above.It all depends on what you're used to using and how you use it.Plus ever since I started using an isolutrol gel my skin doesn't get greasy like it used to which may be why it works so well for me.If you do have really oily skin then it probably isn't right for you (sorry if i didn't make that clear :) ), but there ARE ways to get rid of the oilies girls, I did 8)

Cetaphil Mouisturizer with SPF 15 is not oily at all...I put some in my hand, swirled it around to prepare to put it on my face...and then looked at my hand and realized it was all almost absorbed!!! The stuff is SO light it's amazing.

Cetaphil Mouisturizer with SPF 15 is not oily at all...I put some in my hand, swirled it around to prepare to put it on my face...and then looked at my hand and realized it was all almost absorbed!!! The stuff is SO light it's amazing.

I tried that- it kinda sucked for me. But if it works for you- go ahead! :lol:

It felt so oily by the middle of the school day, and went on all streaky. When my face was dry, it would highlight the flakiness, too. And as for the coverage.....not good for me. But hey, maybe that's because I'm highly sensative about my hyperpigmentation that WILL NOT fade. I swear- sometimes it feels like my life is a living hell. I see everyone else at school with flawless skin who don't have to pile on makeup, and still have their flaws stare them in the face. Anyway, good luck!

8)

caline

this stuff was ok( and btw cetaphyll lotion spf 15 did make my face greasy) it gave me good coverage but I don't like putting all that chemicle junk on my face all the time :roll: So many preservatives, etc. in all those type of cosmetics did you see my most recent post on aromaleigh?That could be what you are looking for.Completely natural, no preservative and chem. crap and CHEAP(me i'm always looking at the bottom line) get some samples from them, you won't regret it :!:

why do i do this to myself? i went out and bought that tube of useless nonesense. it doesnt even dry. it's so oily and gross.  i'm sticking with my mattique. at least it's on the safe cosmetics list. thanks anyway and no offense. youre good at hyping it up but it was definitely all wrong for me.

They aren't all like that. I tried the CG, too, and not only was it oily it broke me out terribly! If you aren't too budget conscious, try Clinique's Almost Makeup. It has a much more matte finish but with the same basic UVA sunscreen in it. It isn't very expensive, about $15 or so, but it is more than CG. I also like Neutrogena's Tinted Moisturizer (the white tube, not the brown one) and while it's not as matte as Clinique's, it's not as oily as the CG. Chin up! There's a LOT of m/u to try out there! :lol:

thanks! i always wondered about the almost makeup by clinique. i swear i've tried most of their foundations. i'm just weary about spf and breaking out. i actually stopped wearing foundation when i started the regimen cause it cleared me up so much but i still have some spots leftover that i like to spot cover. concealers are a joke so i avoid them at all costs. i also wonered about getting back into foundation as i don't see it being a threat to the clarity of my skin. i want to have a more even toned skin. i asked clinique for a sample of that almost makeup and they said they couldnt for sanitary reasons. ok. thanks for the suggestion!

thanks! i always wondered about the almost makeup by clinique. i swear i've tried most of their foundations. i'm just weary about spf and breaking out. i actually stopped wearing foundation when i started the regimen cause it cleared me up so much but i still have some spots leftover that i like to spot cover. concealers are a joke so i avoid them at all costs. i also wonered about getting back into foundation as i don't see it being a threat to the clarity of my skin. i want to have a more even toned skin. i asked clinique for a sample of that almost makeup and they said they couldnt for sanitary reasons. ok. thanks for the suggestion!

Concealers HAVE sucked in the past, but are getting better. I have found that they need to be very bright (I have light skin & use BRIGHT yellow), applied w/ a brush or pressed with a sponge, and only where you need it, NOT blended in. Also, the worse the ingredients are for your skin, the better it seems to work. If you're on an acne regimen & use only the amount necessary & only when necessary, I'm not sure how bad this is for you.

A foundation that works well is CLINIQUE's CONTINUOUS COVERAGE w/ SPF15-

1. It actually BLENDS IN, unlike liquid foundation (just quickly rub in with a sponge over, or even mixed with, moisturizer)

2. Moisturizer blendability=great coverage control

3. In my experience, it has not affected my breakouts one way or another

4. It's comfortable-especially for an all-day makeup doesn't feel "mask-ey)

5. Application control is great -it works great w/ concealers (doesn't smear your concealer around)

Finally, for powder I use Bare Minerals Foundation in conjuction with the above and LOVE it. I mean, LOVE IT!!!!! TOTAL coverage control, PERFECT color (you mix the colors yourself) BEAUTIFUL finish, no irritation or oils-you just have to follow the blending instructions. It's made to be used as a foundation only but works great any way you use it.

thanks! i'll check into that as well. i tried a mineral powder ...i forget the name. damn. but it's kinda shiny looking when you put it on which gives a weird look to the skin. oh..youngblood mineral makeup. i wish it would just be matte and not shiny cause it's really a brilliant concept.