Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

Is it my fault I have acne?

According to my father, if I exersized, got out of the house more, and ate healthier food, I wouldn't have acne. AND if I changed what pajama shirt I wear every night, I wouldn't have bacne. Even though I've done extensive research on acne and have tried everything, he thinks I want the easy way out by using accutane. He says I rely on dermatologists too much. He thinks I don't want to get rid of it that badly. He wants me to wear a different t-shirt everynight, and somehow that will clear my moderate bacne.

Some please tell me what you think of my father's (stupid) ideas? I'm just stunned right now that he thinks I cry histerally over something that isn't a big deal and that I don't want to fix that badly

He also thinks I need psychological help, because I acne makes me depressed. he flat out told me that I have hang ups. and it's my fault that I stress myself too much with school

I know that when I exercise and eat healthy (gluten free, lean meats, fruits, veggies, only drink water) that my skin does do a lot better, but it still never gets completely clear. And I honestly don't think that your bacne is caused by that shirt. But you should try eating healthy and exercising like 5 times a week and see if it helps at all.

Sometimes parents think what they think. You could try doing everything he says to a T, and showing him and telling him along the way, and when it doesn't work- what else will he have left to say? Hopefully nothing. Then it's probably more possible for him to let you get Accutane.

You can do things like exercise and eat that eases acne. But its not your fault. You live the lifestyle most teens live and are unfortunate to get more acne than them.

Its partly your fault of course, but not if anti biotics came into play at any point in your life, you had no control over that, you didn't know. Accutane is very dangerous in the long term effects. I consider you do your own research on it however, because there is to much bad on that subject to fit in such a little post. You could eat more greens to become more alkaline, lay off the sugar, and maybe do a candida cleanse if you want. Also I say carrot juice is much better for you than accutane, cheaper, much safer, but does the same thing in alot of ways. Also make sure to shower up anytime you exercise/swet, and drink lots of distilled water.

P.s Like your pic. You don't seem to have acne in it ;) .

Edited by AthleticHunta

LOL. yeah most parents think like that, especially if they never had acne. That's why you get a job like i did, and pay for your own needs. I'm also a teenager and i prefer not to deal with my parents nonsense anymore by doing my own thing.

Sometimes parents think what they think. You could try doing everything he says to a T, and showing him and telling him along the way, and when it doesn't work- what else will he have left to say? Hopefully nothing. Then it's probably more possible for him to let you get Accutane.

That's the plan :)

But my mom isn't as much of an idiot though. She's taking me back to the dermatologist to ask for birth control on Thursday.

But my mom isn't as much of an idiot though. She's taking me back to the dermatologist to ask for birth control on Thursday.

Oh good haha. :]

I'm lucky to be my age when it comes to acne because I can take myself, pay for myself, it's sooo much easier. I totally know how parents can be about acne. I honestly think my parents didn't care at all. My mom took me to the dermatologist like 1 time. Because they didn't get it. Honestly, they had a lot of money and could have at least gotten me Proactiv (I asked for it all the time...). But it is what it is. Good thing your mom is more understanding.

Its partly your fault of course, but not if anti biotics came into play at any point in your life, you had no control over that, you didn't know. Accutane is very dangerous in the long term effects. I consider you do your own research on it however, because there is to much bad on that subject to fit in such a little post. You could eat more greens to become more alkaline, lay off the sugar, and maybe do a candida cleanse if you want. Also I say carrot juice is much better for you than accutane, cheaper, much safer, but does the same thing in alot of ways. Also make sure to shower up anytime you exercise/swet, and drink lots of distilled water.

P.s Like your pic. You don't seem to have acne in it ;) .

Carrot juice? I will try that. I've been drinking only water and green tea for the past day. (apparently green tea is amazing for you). Candida? I'm a bit skeptical of that. I know accutane is dangerous :cry: . Everytime my skin clears up for a few days, I wonder why I ever even considered using it. Then, when I break out again, I'm like begging for it. :/

and haha thanks. i do have acne in the picture. the acne on my face is mild.

LOL. yeah most parents think like that, especially if they never had acne. That's why you get a job like i did, and pay for your own needs. I'm also a teenager and i prefer not to deal with my parents nonsense anymore by doing my own thing.

cuuttttee picturee!

haha the funny thing is my dad had acne worse than me. and so did my mom (or so they say :/ )

my mom said when they were dating, his oily nose used to make her nose break out even worse when it touched her face. lmaooo. i saw pictures of my dad when he was younger. he sort of looked like a hobo. ahhh i'm terrible lol :P

and thanks about the picture :)

Edited by Gina1234

Oh good haha. :]

I'm lucky to be my age when it comes to acne because I can take myself, pay for myself, it's sooo much easier. I totally know how parents can be about acne. I honestly think my parents didn't care at all. My mom took me to the dermatologist like 1 time. Because they didn't get it. Honestly, they had a lot of money and could have at least gotten me Proactiv (I asked for it all the time...). But it is what it is. Good thing your mom is more understanding.

Oh, I see. Atleast you're through it now. I can't wait until I'm 18.

My mom always complains about how expensive proactiv is but she buys it for me anyway.