Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BM745

Red Blotches on Face

You know, I've been suffering from acne for a long time, and obsessing about the condition of my face in the mirror many, many times a day, for many, many years. Recently however, I had the misfortune to see my face in a mirror in broad daylight, outside.. and I was pretty disgusted.

I've got red dots all over my nose, red blotches above my lip, and red blotches all over the sides of my nose, as well as jagged little red lines on my nose. ALL of this stuff is quite surprising, as it's all very well hidden in indoor mirrors.

I have NO idea what the hell this is.. I thought it was like, red marks from old pimples, but I haven't had anything but blackheads in these areas.

I thought it might be roseascea (sp?) or something? But I looked up pictures of that and found nothing.

I used to be pretty bad with popping blackheads in these areas, but I stopped that awhile ago. Could it possibly have scarred the area? I dunno.

Maybe it's the BP I use? Or the SA facewashes? Or the AHA moisturizer? I have *very* sensitive, and VERY fair skin, so redness sticks out like a sore thumb. BP irritates, and irritation leads to redness. Perhaps combining SA (BHA) and AHA moisturizer, both exfoliants, is exfoliating too much, and these sensitive areas are too red? I'm really tempted to just stop doing EVERYTHING to my face.

That is quite strange that you could only see it outdoors. I know sunlight can be cruel but you if its anything to worry about you should at least be able to see something inside. What does it look like indoors?

It could be many things - the "jagged lines" you mention sound like broken capillaries. In any case, I'd go to a Dermatologist and find out for sure. Once you know what the condition is then you can figure out how to treat it best.

Indoors I think it's there, but it's so faint that you really can't see it unless you're looking for it. It's hidden quite well in indoor lighting.

The jagged lines are very tiny. No more than a couple of milimeters.

The redness looks like, well.. the best way I can think to describe it would be.. if you've ever sat around squeezing out blackheads to try to get them out? And the areas around all the pores gets pretty red? Kinda like that. Only less red, and only really noticable under the unforgiving light of the sun.

I really don't know what these are. Scarred pores perhaps? From all the years of picking blackheads out of the area? I thought scarred pores were just, holes in the face. Not redness around pores..

And despite my best efforts to research just what exactly a "scarred pore" is, or what one looks like.. this is the ONLY site on the internet in which they are mentioned.