bipolar

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

le blah

Edited by fugleee_dumbBUNNY

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY
is it because of what i wrote on your profile? " Hey fugly :) "

it just sounds funny.. nothing personal man

sorry if it offended you or something..

looolz no its totally not u, cmon, my username is fuglee, ur supposed to call me so, its k! ^_^ so no lolz. ur totallyplaying around here to make feel better, i can see through u! ;D well it worked & i lol now hehe! so thnx!

^ see i change moods again but i know next moment ill remember everything and be totally doown again lolz, but yea im actually serious, is this biopolar shit or something? someone tell pls :huh:

i dun even use words of their proper meaning >_>

anyone who can relate tho? anyyyone? :ohno:

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

so i just took one and well yea i did had to tick as yes most of the questions..damn im actually biopolar? :huh:

I'm not an expert on bipolar but I think when one has it, the mood changes last weeks/months...it's not a continuous flipping between two extremes 24/7. But I'm not 100% on that.

I'm not an expert on bipolar but I think when one has it, the mood changes last weeks/months...it's not a continuous flipping between two extremes 24/7. But I'm not 100% on that.

My boyfriends bi-polar, and its a lot better now that hes older, but he still randomly has days where hes ridiculously miserable and depressed for no reason, and then he goes out and does impulsive things, but its all over by the next day usually, depending on how bad the episode was.

to OP, I'm pretty much a mess mental-wise too, but i doubt its bi-polar, and even if it is, you wouldn't know unless you went to a doctor or therapist or whatever they call them now-a-days.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

i do have some periods of being somewhat constant at my emotions but again they mostly are not the happiest ones or just numb and nothing at all, emotionless. idk

im two sided pretty much at everything, ive even called hypocrite sometimes bcs of i said one thing and then completely otherwise. like stuff goes day, night, day..black, white, black..if that makes sense? :huh:

It's on a continuum. You can have manic episodes which can last for day(s), or months. Same thing where you cycle down. Do a lot of research on it, find out the most commonly and correctly listed symptoms and double check that you have most of them. If you do indeed have bipolar disorder, medication is a good option to look into. A psychologist can help with that.

My boyfriends bi-polar, and its a lot better now that hes older, but he still randomly has days where hes ridiculously miserable and depressed for no reason, and then he goes out and does impulsive things, but its all over by the next day usually, depending on how bad the episode was.

Thanks for clearing that up. I always heard that people have a few months of depression and then they have a manic period where they are really hyper for a similar period and then the whole thing repeats itself. But apparently it's not like that for everyone who has it then. Interesting... Again, thanks for clearing it up.

you should talk to your doctor or see a psychologist. If you do show signs of B.P. it is essential you get treated asap to prevent possible progression of the illness. It is serious but it can be treated.

There are different types of Bipolar Disorder. For some, the mood swings are more drawn out, and for others they cycle rapidly. I'm the second kind (diagnosed by several psychologists when I was 14). I can be fine in the morning, terribly depressed by early afternoon, in a rage in the late afternoon, and manic by evening. There are also times when I'm manic for days straight, and then depressed for weeks afterward.

If you think there's a chance that you may be Bipolar, don't mess around--set up an appointment with your doctor and have them check you out. Don't ever trust the internet to "diagnose" you.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY
There are different types of Bipolar Disorder. For some, the mood swings are more drawn out, and for others they cycle rapidly. I'm the second kind (diagnosed by several psychologists when I was 14). I can be fine in the morning, terribly depressed by early afternoon, in a rage in the late afternoon, and manic by evening. There are also times when I'm manic for days straight, and then depressed for weeks afterward.

If you think there's a chance that you may be Bipolar, don't mess around--set up an appointment with your doctor and have them check you out. Don't ever trust the internet to "diagnose" you.

well u sound alot like me (i also like totoro too ^^) as for emotions, but by manic do mean being all like: bwahahaa and hyper? or something?

and just a guess, but maybe this biopolar stuff promotes acne as well? :/

well what would docs do to me then? :huh: uknow, i dont want to change my personality, just to not be so emotional and unstable/unreasonable/inadecvate at times. will i have to use somekind of pillz or something? :/

well u sound alot like me (i also like totoro too ^^) as for emotions, but by manic do mean being all like: bwahahaa and hyper? or something?

and just a guess, but maybe this biopolar stuff promotes acne as well? :/

well what would docs do to me then? :huh: uknow, i dont want to change my personality, just to not be so emotional and unstable/unreasonable/inadecvate at times. will i have to use somekind of pillz or something? :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mania

If you talk to a psychologist and do end up being diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, they may very well give you a prescription or two. There are a lot of different types of medications out there that can help level off the emotional roller coaster that Bipolar folks experience.

If you think you are, go get checked out. It's not something to mess about with. Do NOT trust the internet to diagnose yourself. Do not diagnose yourself. You must see a psychiatrist or psychologist. Meds will be a must if you want to live up to your full potential. It's not a death sentence, it's not terminal. It can be dealt with. :)

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

ok, thanks everyone! ;)

(just today i changed moods 4 times from angry (just luckily stopped it from growing into rage) to happy (without having any special reasons) to looow and saad and finally right now pretty numb to anything. so yea :confused:)

No you probably aren't bipolar. Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder that is distinguished by manic episodes. Manic episodes usually occur for a short time where a person will feel overly energized and have less of a need to sleep. They may become creative and impulsive while in this state. They are usually difficult to interrupt and a lot happier than normal. In a non-manic state, bipolar individuals will feel depressed. Just because your mood changes easily doesn't mean you're bipolar. Also, bipolar disorder is hereditary. If nobody in your family has it, it's not very likely you will have it.

Yeah, if its depression due to acne. Thats normal, i get randomly depressed about acne every couple of hours. But bipolar people get depressed for no reason. The feeling just comes upon them as if they have no control over it.

But, if you ticked most of the boxes. You can probrably get prescribed anti-depressants. Make sure you get anti-d's that dont conflict with acne/acne treatments you are on!

Good luck buddy :) !

Edited by Randomstuffs261

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

CheyCheyenne, well thats nice to hear, although i read wikipedia link on mania and it does happen to me actually tbh and sleep thing and overly energized and then very low feeling. it all happens, but if u say im unlikely bipolar, then great i guess

Randomstuffs261, well not that its only due to acne tbh, i have other reasons as well buut sometimes it can be pretty much out of the blue either. idk about antiDs tho, i think i slowly maybe am healing acne n shit and im afraid to mess around with unknown for me stuffs, right now so idk.. anyhow thnx for trying to help! ;)

*i actually thought its called biopolar ^^' oh well..*goes to fix*

I've never been diagnosed or anything, but I've always wondered about me. I have weird moodswings too. Some times, I'll be all hyper and super go-go where I'm up at 7am and doing housework and being an overacheaver at work I'm usually really upbeat and happy... and then I'll have periods where I literally won't do anything. No laundry, no cleaning, just drag myself out of bed ... usually late for work, and go home and surf the internet. These two different sides of me usually last a couple weeks at a time, occasionally longer I feel my moods can be described by the nursery ryme "When she was good she was really,really good, but when she was bad she was horrid." I also am prone, to get angry/frustrated quickly and when I have angry outbursts, they are usually pretty bad.

If you've experienced a manic episode then I suggest you go see a psychologist immediately. I guessed you wouldn't have it considering mood swings are quite normal and what you described didn't seem to be any proof you were bipolar. I wouldn't take a personality disorder lightly, it's pretty serious and can definitely mess with your life. Although, there may be some pros to manic episodes, the depressive side of it would be disturbing.

If you've experienced a manic episode then I suggest you go see a psychologist immediately. I guessed you wouldn't have it considering mood swings are quite normal and what you described didn't seem to be any proof you were bipolar. I wouldn't take a personality disorder lightly, it's pretty serious and can definitely mess with your life. Although, there may be some pros to manic episodes, the depressive side of it would be disturbing.

I'm not sure if this is in reply to my post, but if it is I wish I could see one. My son see's a psychologist for ADHD and she has told me several times that if I was her patient, she would diagnose me OCD and that I may have other things going on too and that I should go see a psychologist. She's only sees children so won't take me as a patient. Plus I cannot find an adult psychologist that will take my insurance, so there is that too.

I've never been diagnosed or anything, but I've always wondered about me. I have weird moodswings too. Some times, I'll be all hyper and super go-go where I'm up at 7am and doing housework and being an overacheaver at work I'm usually really upbeat and happy... and then I'll have periods where I literally won't do anything. No laundry, no cleaning, just drag myself out of bed ... usually late for work, and go home and surf the internet. These two different sides of me usually last a couple weeks at a time, occasionally longer I feel my moods can be described by the nursery ryme "When she was good she was really,really good, but when she was bad she was horrid." I also am prone, to get angry/frustrated quickly and when I have angry outbursts, they are usually pretty bad.

I'm not sure if this is in reply to my post, but if it is I wish I could see one. My son see's a psychologist for ADHD and she has told me several times that if I was her patient, she would diagnose me OCD and that I may have other things going on too and that I should go see a psychologist. She's only sees children so won't take me as a patient. Plus I cannot find an adult psychologist that will take my insurance, so there is that too.

It was actually a response to the OP. Your situation is pretty similar to mine. I've had my ups and downs but I don't think it has been bad enough for me to be considered bipolar. I think motivating myself and then losing motivation is what is responsible in my case. That's too bad that nobody will take your insurance. I don't want to see a psychologist I guess because it would make things too real. I asked my GP for medication and had no problems. I guess it's an easier route if you can't see a professional.